30 Years Gone

Lately, I got the soundboard audio for the first night of Knebworth '79 and I'm quite amazed how good it sounds.

Was anyone from the board at any of the nights? I'd love to hear your stories.

(I'm planning on buying a Knebworth 79 replica shirt :))

How's it going "Achilles Last Stand?" I hope all is well with you. Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Another KNEBWORTH Thread! Oh well, the more the merrier. I also own many audio soundboard CD's of both shows but do you have both shows on DVD? Actually, the sound quality sounds so much better on the DVD's than on the CD's since the majority of the audio CD's were recorded from the audience. Both DVD's that I own were taken from the original masters meaning that both the picture and sound quality are EXCELLENT! I do hope that you have the DVD's, then you can relive both KNEBWORTH 1979 shows over and over again. Take care and ROCK ON!

How's it going "Achilles Last Stand?" I hope all is well with you. Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Another KNEBWORTH Thread! Oh well, the more the merrier. I also own many audio soundboard CD's of both shows but do you have both shows on DVD? Actually, the sound quality sounds so much better on the DVD's than on the CD's since the majority of the audio CD's were recorded from the audience. Both DVD's that I own were taken from the original masters meaning that both the picture and sound quality are EXCELLENT! I do hope that you have the DVD's, then you can relive both KNEBWORTH 1979 shows over and over again. Take care and ROCK ON!

Listening to the 11th as we speak mate, its like being back there 30 years ago, i have to thank a Good Friend of Mine for the DVDs that he sent me, if only i could remember his name, "Dislexia" now "Alt-zymers"? Fcuk it.

Re-Re-Regards, Danny, now i'm Fcuking St-St-Stammering, Bol-Bol-Bol-Fcuk It. :mad:

:hysterical:

Listening to the 11th as we speak mate, its like being back there 30 years ago, i have to thank a Good Friend of Mine for the DVDs that he sent me, if only i could remember his name, "Dislexia" now "Alt-zymers"? Fcuk it.

Re-Re-Regards, Danny, now i'm Fcuking St-St-Stammering, Bol-Bol-Bol-Fcuk It. :mad:

What's up Danny my buddy? :hysterical: I hope all is well with you and your family. Thats a good one mate! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! What was his name? I think that it was either Joe Blow or Joe F*c*!!!! Ha Ha! ROCK ON my friend!

:hysterical:

What's up Danny my buddy? :hysterical: I hope all is well with you and your family. Thats a good one mate! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! What was his name? I think that it was either Joe Blow or Joe F*c*!!!! Ha Ha! ROCK ON my friend!

Hi ZFF, "Alls well that ends well" an it ended very well my friend.

I cant understand all this fuss about which performance is best or better than the other, i went to both shows along with thousands of others, and they were a High Point in my Life, they Rank alongside the Birth of All 3 of my Children, and Much Higher than "Anything" that any Woman/Girl has ever given me, (apart from the Clap that is, that was Exciting Indeed.) :lol:

When you go to a Gig like Knebworth all you can/should expect is to be Thoroughly Entertained, which i was on both occasions. I dont go around disecting these shows, if you want something near "Excellence" then stick with the Studio Albums, Live is Live., So what? you get a few Bad bits in with all the Good bits, "Oh i'll just throw away this Pint of Best Lager because there is a Fly in it" for Fcuks sake.

Like y'all i would give anything to see them again, with all their mistakes an'all, lets just enjoy it while it lasts because it never lasted that long the first time around. Thank God, and Thank Good Friends, and Bootleggers, for letting us be able to keep their memory alive through the "Live" performances we have of them, and how few of them we do have. :(:boohoo:

I still cant Re-Re-Remember his F-F-Fcuking Na-Na-Name.:D

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Big Dan I will raise my glass. I saw them 7-23-24-77 both shows and all I know is I had time of my life. I can understand how some of the more musician types that comprehend and can direct notes, brakes rhythms and just the rules of music. I have no problem. In fact I wish that I had that knowledge and understanding. What I do know is that no band ever compelled and deserved the dissection of their music more. From my early teen years I was asked what is so great. I told all that the layering of guitars the rhythm and beats that interfaces as one. That has never been matched. Setting the standard for those that strive for perfection.

Hi ZFF, "Alls well that ends well" an it ended very well my friend.

I cant understand all this fuss about which performance is best or better than the other, i went to both shows along with thousands of others, and they were a High Point in my Life, they Rank alongside the Birth of All 3 of my Children, and Much Higher than "Anything" that any Woman/Girl has ever given me, (apart from the Clap that is, that was Exciting Indeed.) :lol:

When you go to a Gig like Knebworth all you can/should expect is to be Thoroughly Entertained, which i was on both occasions. I dont go around disecting these shows, if you want something near "Excellence" then stick with the Studio Albums, Live is Live., So what? you get a few Bad bits in with all the Good bits, "Oh i'll just throw away this Pint of Best Lager because there is a Fly in it" for Fcuks sake.

Like y'all i would give anything to see them again, with all their mistakes an'all, lets just enjoy it while it lasts because it never lasted that long the first time around. Thank God, and Thank Good Friends, and Bootleggers, for letting us be able to keep their memory alive through the "Live" performances we have of them, and how few of them we do have. :(:boohoo:

I still cant Re-Re-Remember his F-F-Fcuking Na-Na-Name.:D

Very Kind Regards, Danny

How's it going Danny? Despite their mistakes, you caught the mighty LED ZEPPELIN on two very special magical nights. In my opinion, both KNEBWORTH 1979 shows should rank as two of their all-time greatest live performances ever. I have watched and listened to both of these shows on DVD over and over again and I'm still amazed as to how great the band sounded on those two nights. The band was thriving off of the vibes and emotion as a result of the enormous loud cheers from the audiences on both nights which just put the band on cloud nine and gave them the needed strength along side with their pure heart and passion. All of these necessary qualities would lift and carry the band through which would therefore give the audience in attendance on both nights, A NIGHT TO REMEMBER! You were so lucky and fortunate Danny to have been there in person to witness LED ZEPPELIN'S triumphant return and witness them state their case by making their personal statement to the whole world as well as the music critics that "OUR CAREER IS FAR FROM BEING OVER, WE'RE NOT FINISHED YET!" ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going Danny? Despite their mistakes, you caught the mighty LED ZEPPELIN on two very special magical nights. In my opinion, both KNEBWORTH 1979 shows should rank as two of their all-time greatest live performances ever. I have watched and listened to both of these shows on DVD over and over again and I'm still amazed as to how great the band sounded on those two nights. The band was thriving off of the vibes and emotion as a result of the enormous loud cheers from the audiences on both nights which just put the band on cloud nine and gave them the needed strength along side with their pure heart and passion. All of these necessary qualities would lift and carry the band through which would therefore give the audience in attendance on both nights, A NIGHT TO REMEMBER! You were so lucky and fortunate Danny to have been there in person to witness LED ZEPPELIN'S triumphant return and witness them state their case by making their personal statement to the whole world as well as the music critics that "OUR CAREER IS FAR FROM BEING OVER, WE'RE NOT FINISHED YET!" ROCK ON my friend!

What's up Danny? Before I forget, did you ever order the book entitled "THEN AS IT WAS, LED ZEPPELIN AT KNEBWORTH 1979, 30 YEARS GONE? I already read it all and I LOVED IT! Despite all of the great photographs, Dave Lewis really digs deep into descriptive detail which would really give us an overall idea of what it was like to be there. Nothing beats the actual experience of being there but I'll just have to settle on the book and the DVD's for both shows. Thats about as close as I am ever going to get. ROCK ON Danny!

Big Dan I will raise my glass. I saw them 7-23-24-77 both shows and all I know is I had time of my life. I can understand how some of the more musician types that comprehend and can direct notes, brakes rhythms and just the rules of music. I have no problem. In fact I wish that I had that knowledge and understanding. What I do know is that no band ever compelled and deserved the dissection of their music more. From my early teen years I was asked what is so great. I told all that the layering of guitars the rhythm and beats that interfaces as one. That has never been matched. Setting the standard for those that strive for perfection.

How's it going "ADOC?" I hope all is well with you. Did I just read your comment correctly that mentioned that you attended both Oakland shows on 23 & 24 July 1977? I saw the L.A. Forum show in Los Angeles on 23 June 1977 and one month later at the Oakland Coliseum in Oakland on 23 July 1977. I raise my glass to you also! ROCK ON!

Yes you did. We invaded Oakland about 30-50 strong from south Monterey County. The 24th I was left with 3 of my friends. The reason why is because I was driving and had tickets. Robert was right, Nurses Do It Better. At least they played ALS stand on 24th. Saw Page and Plant in SJ and Mountain Veiw. M. Lee was great. It was great but best concert that summer was watching Skynyrd blow Frampton away.

Archived