MacKenzie Phillips' Tell-All Book About Papa John

2bitnogoodjive

Also, both Bijou and Michelle Phillips say that Mackenzie told them about the abuse, but then retracted her story. I don't think Mackenzie has explained that.

There's a YouTube interview where Mackenzie addresses this. I'll post if I can find it. From what I recall, when she told Bijou the first time, apparently Bijou went hysterical and was screaming & crying. So because of this reaction, Mackenzie ended up telling her it wasn't true just so Bijou would calm down.

There's a YouTube interview where Mackenzie addresses this. I'll post if I can find it. From what I recall, when she told Bijou the first time, apparently Bijou went hysterical and was screaming & crying. So because of this reaction, Mackenzie ended up telling her it wasn't true just so Bijou would calm down.

That's understandable. And I imagine Mackenzie changed her story after telling Michelle because... well, Michelle can be pretty intimidating when angry :)

And Bijou was the one who took Mackenzie to NarcAnon, a Scientology program, to get sober. So it is strange. Also the coincidental (!) timing of Mackenzie's book coming out the same week as Chynna's new album (which is really good, by the way).

Kakdaddy, I've wondered the same thing as you: if Mackenzie told the family in 1997, when John was still alive, did anyone confront or even ask him about the allegations? Bijou says she left home as a result, and it ruined her relationship with her father. I guess one could read into it that John denied the allegations, but it's weird that no one talks about that. Also, both Bijou and Michelle Phillips say that Mackenzie told them about the abuse, but then retracted her story. I don't think Mackenzie has explained that.

Exactly. There's a lot that went on behind closed doors then & currently that none of us know about & we the public can only really speculate on all the dynamics of the situation. It really is a family matter but this is a family as a whole that has gone public with their various skeletons in their closets for almost the last 35 years. But this is a bombshell even for them & I guess even the Phillips family has a limit on what can be exposed publicly or not. But if a family were to drop such a bombshell it would be the Phillips, even more so than the Jacksons. Well maybe the Royal Family too at some point, but that's a pleasure yet to come lol.

Archived