MacKenzie Phillips' Tell-All Book About Papa John

2bitnogoodjive

I caught some of Mackenzie on the rebroadcast of Oprah last night. After seeing her appearance, i might buy the book. For younger people (meaning late teens and older) her story might be an inspiration. Alot of life lessons that she lived. One thing she said that really touched me (because i came to this realization myself last year) was that she forgave (speaking about her dad) him for what he did. The forgiveness wasn't for "him" but for "her". Was very touching when Valerie Bertinelli came out.

edit: let me clarify, i have never been through anything remotely as bad as Mackenzie. All i meant is that i realized forgiving someone who has hurt you is a way for you to let go and move on. I'm not sure i would have been able to forgive John if i was his daughter.

I caught some of Mackenzie on the rebroadcast of Oprah last night. After seeing her appearance, i might buy the book. For younger people (meaning late teens and older) her story might be an inspiration. Alot of life lessons that she lived. One thing she said that really touched me (because i came to this realization myself last year) was that she forgave (speaking about her dad) him for what he did. The forgiveness wasn't for "him" but for "her". Was very touching when Valerie Bertinelli came out.

edit: let me clarify, i have never been through anything remotely as bad as Mackenzie. All i meant is that i realized forgiving someone who has hurt you is a way for you to let go and move on. I'm not sure i would have been able to forgive John if i was his daughter.

Hi Tangerine,

Gives a whole new meaning to "Keep it in the family" doesnt it?

I have no idea why Men in General and Fathers in Particular behave in this way to their offspring, the damage they do is "Unforgivable" and like you Tangerine i have never been through anything remotely as bad as Mackenzie either.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Tangerine,

Gives a whole new meaning to "Keep it in the family" doesnt it?

I have no idea why Men in General and Fathers in Particular behave in this way to their offspring, the damage they do is "Unforgivable" and like you Tangerine i have never been through anything remotely as bad as Mackenzie either.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny, I can't answer that question. It's just wrong. Part of an interview with Mackenzie i heard today said that John molested her when she was 18 (waited for the jailbait stage to pass?) and then she eventually continued the affair consentually. Even so, i blame him entirely, and while not an excuse, she was really messed up on drugs for many years. Reports are saying that her half sister Chynna new about this years ago, and step-mother Michelle (i did love her on Knots Landing) doesn't believe it happened. Mackenzie ended the affair with her dad when she became pregnant and didn't know if her dad or her husband was the father. That is when she took the path to getting herself clean. Like you,i'm glad to have never known such pain and indecency, but i know that many others do. Maybe her story will help someone out there in need. To watch her talk about all this you see a very compassionate, vulnerable yet strong woman. I give her credit for turning her life around.

Hi Danny, I can't answer that question. It's just wrong. Part of an interview with Mackenzie i heard today said that John molested her when she was 18 (waited for the jailbait stage to pass?) and then she eventually continued the affair consentually. Even so, i blame him entirely, and while not an excuse, she was really messed up on drugs for many years. Reports are saying that her half sister Chynna new about this years ago, and step-mother Michelle (i did love her on Knots Landing) doesn't believe it happened. Mackenzie ended the affair with her dad when she became pregnant and didn't know if her dad or her husband was the father. That is when she took the path to getting herself clean. Like you,i'm glad to have never known such pain and indecency, but i know that many others do. Maybe her story will help someone out there in need. To watch her talk about all this you see a very compassionate, vulnerable yet strong woman. I give her credit for turning her life around.

Hi Tangerine,

I blame the Guy totally as well, he was old enough to know better, before, and after she could make up her own mind legally, i know nothing of her life but i'll take it from you that what you said about her is true.

As for him, i would give 10 lie dectors over as many months, if they all come back positive that he in fact did commited these crimes against her then it would be a trip to see that Great Russian Penis Doctor, non other than "Dr Icutyourcockoff", i've heard his skills with a Scalple are Legendary. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

What's happening "2bitnogoodjive?" I hope that life is treating you well! When I heard about these allegations made by Mackenzie Phillips towards her own father John Phillips, I just about shit in my pants! What I would like to know is WHY NOW? Why didn't Mackenzie say something when John was alive? John is no longer here among us to defend himself. Like "~Tangerine~" said, maybe she needed to make peace with it for herself and move on with her life. Then again, in my opinion, it would have been so much better if Mackenzie would have made peace with it while John was alive and not go public with it now. I'll probably buy the book as well and read it for myself. In the mean time, take care, have a great F-R-I-D-A-Y and ROCK ON fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

What's happening "2bitnogoodjive?" I hope that life is treating you well! When I heard about these allegations made by Mackenzie Phillips towards her own father John Phillips, I just about shit in my pants! What I would like to know is WHY NOW? Why didn't Mackenzie say something when John was alive? John is no longer here among us to defend himself. Like "~Tangerine~" said, maybe she needed to make peace with it for herself and move on with her life. Then again, in my opinion, it would have been so much better if Mackenzie would have made peace with it while John was alive and not go public with it now. I'll probably buy the book as well and read it for myself. In the mean time, take care, have a great F-R-I-D-A-Y and ROCK ON fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Hi ZFF,

That Blows my Opinion right out of the Water then doesnt it?

Kind Regards, Danny

TBH, I don't know what to make of all of this. If true, then it's a sick statement on her father, quite possibly her mother and, the people around them. Someone else must have known what was happening.

If not true??? That thought is almost as sick

Hi ZFF,

That Blows my Opinion right out of the Water then doesnt it?

Kind Regards, Danny

What's happening mate? I don't know if my opinion blows your opinion out of the water or not but I would have loved to have heard John Phillips' side of the story. If this is all true, then god damn him for doing it! I would have loved to have seen John Phillips take responsibility for his own actions while he was alive. In my opinion, if I would have known about this years earlier, I would have hung him by his balls myself! This is the most abnormal, most disgusting unforgivable act that a father can do to his own daughter. If John Phillips was alive right now, my questions to him would be "How do you sleep at night?" The other would be "How can you look at yourself in the mirror every morning with no remorse?" Take care and ROCK ON my friend!

TBH, I don't know what to make of all of this. If true, then it's a sick statement on her father, quite possibly her mother and, the people around them. Someone else must have known what was happening.

If not true??? That thought is almost as sick

What's happening "ally?" How's life treating you? To be truthful with you "ally," I don't know what to make of all of this either. This is very serious allegations that Mackenzie Phillips is making towards her famous father John Phillips! All of this is really stirring up shit not only within the family, but the whole world in general. This is all very sickening to read and hear about. Take care and ROCK ON!

I have to turn the tv off when this story comes on....if it turns out to be lies I will expect a refund on my cable bill....and I will make a formal complaint to the CRTC (Canadian regulator)

What about stories about people losing their jobs,eh?

Juliet :mad:

Anyone who believes this is nuts. There's no way to verify this since John is dead and she's had a history of drug problems......I give her a big "yeah right" and wonder about the people so quick to believe her. She's a sick, sick person and making up such vile lies about her own father all for the sake of making a few bucks and selling some books....she should be beaten with sticks.

Anyone who believes this is nuts. There's no way to verify this since John is dead and she's had a history of drug problems......I give her a big "yeah right" and wonder about the people so quick to believe her. She's a sick, sick person and making up such vile lies about her own father all for the sake of making a few bucks and selling some books....she should be beaten with sticks.

Well as I said earlier, I don't know if the story is true or not. There is a big part of me that hopes it is because the backlash from it being false could severely hamper anyone who really was abused from coming forward.

How's it going "Electrophile?" I hope all is well with you. First of all, I have read and enjoyed many of your posts in the past. I truly believe that you are a very intelligent woman.

I know what you are saying "Electrophile," but to be honest with you, I don't know what to believe. As I stated earlier, Mackenzie Phillips is making serious allegations against her late famous father John Phillips which he is no longer among us to defend himself. All I know is this, I have a daughter of my own whom I love very much. I can't even comprehend this disgusting act, it makes me sick just thinking about it. And Mackenzie is going further by adding that this affair with her Dad has been going on for 10 years while her Dad was still married! Mackenzie's half-sister Chynna Phillips (Wilson Phillips) has also verified that this act actually took place. I'm so disturbed by all of this as I'm sure that you are as well. I hope that there is a resolution in this matter especially since John Phillips' name and reputation is being slandered as well as ripped to pieces by his own daughter. All I can say is lets wait and see what unfolds in reference to this disgusting matter. In the mean time, you take care "Electrophile" and ROCK ON!

Well as I said earlier, I don't know if the story is true or not. There is a big part of me that hopes it is because the backlash from it being false could severely hamper anyone who really was abused from coming forward.

What's happening "ally?" I hope that life's treating you well. I'm in the same boat as you are "ally," I don't know what to believe. I also learned by reading that when Mackenzie got pregnant, she doesn't (And still doesn't know) even know if the baby was her Dad's or someone elses. We'll never know because her Dad John paid for Mackenzie's abortion. The more I read about this unforgivable act, the more sick I get. Have a great day "ally" and ROCK ON!

When you watch her speak, Mackenzie does come across as believable and intelligent. I have compassion for her, she's been through hell 'n back.

However, if you read John Phillips' book "Papa John" he was so messed up when this alleged affair was going on, you wonder - not to be crude - how he was physically capable. The poor guy was obsessed that bugs were crawling under his skin and he would cut himself to ribbons trying to get them out. He was going to the methadone clinic every day with his wife. In short, he was a bloomin' mess.

I think you are being a bit harsh. Yes, she is a recovered drug addict. I don't see how that means she is lying about this subject. I would think if this was untrue, she might have gone public with accusations like this while she was down in the gutter. I don't know any more than you if this story is true, but after hearing her talk about it, and her sister's belief in it as well (Chynna said she knew about this years ago), doesn't seem that far fetched to me. Incest is a very big problem throughout the world. It's also extrememly well hidden. http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32360

As to why she is coming forward now, and after the death of her father. Well Mackenzie has said she forgave her father. On Oprah she said she discussed it with him on his death bed and told him she forgave him. She must still love him and so i would imagine it would be difficult to go public with something like that while he was alive. It was a secret that maybe she never thought she would reveal. But then she realized to heal she had to. I have a close friend who was sexually abused by her father at a young age. She spent many years in therapy over it. She had no contact with her father for a very long time. A couple years ago, she felt the need to confront him and forgive him. She did this because the unhealthy mark it left on her life continued to drag her and her relationships with men down. She has no regrets and feels a burden has been lifted.

This story is also one that can bring attention to this topic that is not discussed. Maybe some children will be helped if incest becomes spoken about more often. Anyway, until i hear proof it didn't happen, i'm inclined to believe it did.

on a side note: whether or not financial gain was a motive, doesn't make me believe it's true any less.

I think you are being a bit harsh.

Sorry, I don't think I am. I find it all a crock of bull and since there's no way to verify what she's saying since it's her word vs. a corpse, I can't accept what she's saying as truth. I don't believe anything unless I verify it first. That's just how I roll. She might as well say aliens did it, because I'd believe that about as much.

Even Michelle Phillips thinks she's full of it. I think it's all too convenient that she's finally "coming forward" when she has a book to pimp and her dad is dead so he can't be questioned or asked about it....all too convenient. If y'all want to believe this, fine. I just think you're being snowed.

For those of you who don't believe her, I throw this out.

Why would you incriminate yourself by coming out and telling the world that you had consensual sex with your father?

It would seem that it makes her just as much of a sicko as he was.

Sorry, I don't think I am. I find it all a crock of bull and since there's no way to verify what she's saying since it's her word vs. a corpse, I can't accept what she's saying as truth. I don't believe anything unless I verify it first. That's just how I roll. She might as well say aliens did it, because I'd believe that about as much.

Even Michelle Phillips thinks she's full of it. I think it's all too convenient that she's finally "coming forward" when she has a book to pimp and her dad is dead so he can't be questioned or asked about it....all too convenient. If y'all want to believe this, fine. I just think you're being snowed.

You may (or may not) be surprised to learn how often the wife/mother either doesn't believe, refuses to believe, or actively covers up for a sexually abusive husband.

It's often a cycle from being abused by their own father, and their mother covered it up/refused to believe it, and on back ad nauseum.

For me, the fact that her sister believes carries more weight than whether the mother believes.

You may (or may not) be surprised to learn how often the wife/mother either doesn't believe, refuses to believe, or actively covers up for a sexually abusive husband.

It's often a cycle from being abused by their own father, and their mother covered it up/refused to believe it, and on back ad nauseum.

For me, the fact that her sister believes carries more weight than whether the mother believes.

Absolutely! Wives/moms in particular would rather be in denial or cover up a very embarrassing fact. The rates of incest are so high that i don't see why this is so shocking.

I also agree with "Implanted" and her post.

Electrophile, if the allegations had be made while John was alive, who's to say he wouldn't have just denied the whole thing? Would that be the proof you speak of? Many a man will deny such horrific accusations (and women, too).

For those of you who don't believe her, I throw this out.

Why would you incriminate yourself by coming out and telling the world that you had consensual sex with your father?

It would seem that it makes her just as much of a sicko as he was.

This is the part that concerns me, if she indeed has psychological problems she may say anything.

Case in point: While going through my divorce with my schizophrenic wife, she swore under oath that

I tried to pour gasoline on my son and light him up among other ludicrous allegations which were never

proven and thrown out of court.

I was totally stunned by thisohmy.gif

This is the part that concerns me, if she indeed has psychological problems she may say anything.

Case in point: While going through my divorce with my schizophrenic wife, she swore under oath that

I tried to pour gasoline on my son and light him up among other ludicrous allegations which were never

proven and thrown out of court.

I was totally stunned by thisohmy.gif

I am no expert on Mackenzie. I have not heard of anyone questioning mental illness as a diagnos. She says that her dad did drugs with her at age 11 (even injecting her). That does not surprise me if it's true. She became an alcoholic and drug abuser. Seems to be clean and sober now. If she made these allegations while under the influence of substance abuse i might question it more (but i doubt it, since i don't really find this so shocking). But now, what motivation does she have to make up such a terrible story about a father she loved enough to say she forgave. That part makes no sense to me. Not to mention, as implanted said, she admitted to consenting to the affair with her father. Why would anyone lie about that on National television? Crazy or not, i don't see that as something a grown woman would say if it wasn't true. At least if nothing else, it's time for this topic, incest, to receive more attention.

Archived