Dylan's Christmas Album

redrum

His voice is bad... umm... now?

You mean... his voice... used to be... dare I say it... good?

Don't get me wrong. I am a huge Dylan fan. I own all of his albums (okay... most... not including the ones where he professed Christianity... I skipped over those) and I'm building my unreleased materials collection.

But if you think Dylan ever had a good voice, I suggest you clean the wax out of your ears and listen again.

Oh, hi! May be better to say that his voice is unique with lots of character. (part of his charm in performance) (as opposed to his having a "good" operatic voice) :)

That would be a much better description, although I don't like Dylan's voice. I listen to him for the message he had. Just like Hendrix... I don't like Hendrix's voice... I listen to him for the music.

Don't get me wrong. I am a huge Dylan fan. I own all of his albums (okay... most... not including the ones where he professed Christianity... I skipped over those) and I'm building my unreleased materials collection.

But if you think Dylan ever had a good voice, I suggest you clean the wax out of your ears and listen again.

Well I never viewed Dylan's voice as good or bad. It just was what it was and IMO, worked with the music he's created. Never bothered me in his early recordings and doesn't bother me now.

Well I never viewed Dylan's voice as good or bad. It just was what it was and IMO, worked with the music he's created. Never bothered me in his early recordings and doesn't bother me now.

Doesn't bother me, either. I was just pointing out the odd way the OP was worded...

I do two Bob Dylan song's in my (acoustic/singing) solo show, "Blowing in the Wind" and my favorite of all time Dylan song's, "Tangled up in Blue". Out of all the song's I cover, that is the one voice that I strive to get as close to the original! And they are two of my more popular song's.

Good for Bob for doing something for others (as he all way's does), Dylan was known for doing thing's different from show to show so it's kind of hard to pin him down to one thing.

I think his voice sounded great on 'Nashville Skyline'

B)