Rory Gallagher

Xorq

There doesn't seem to be a thread about this amazing guitar player and artist, so I think it's about time to make one :D. I got introduced to Rory Gallagher last week through a friend of mine (went shopping for some music with him and he suggested the Irish Tour, live album).

I bet there's a few people here that might know him better than I do but I think it's important to introduce him to people on this forum.

Here is a couple of songs that have become my favourites:

A Million Miles Away -

Tattoo'd Lady -

Thanks for listening :D

There doesn't seem to be a thread about this amazing guitar player and artist, so I think it's about time to make one :D. I got introduced to Rory Gallagher last week through a friend of mine (went shopping for some music with him and he suggested the Irish Tour, live album).

I bet there's a few people here that might know him better than I do but I think it's important to introduce him to people on this forum.

Here is a couple of songs that have become my favourites:

A Million Miles Away -

Tattoo'd Lady -

Thanks for listening :D

How's it going "Xorg?" GREAT THREAD! RORY GALLAGHER is a great guitarist! I love a lot of his songs such as "Follow Me," "Moonchild," "Bought And Sold," "Laundromat," "Bad Penny," "Edged In Blue," "Brute Force And Ignorance," "I Fall Apart," "Loanshark Blues," "Who's That Coming," "In Your Town," "Philby," "Slumming Angel," "Cradle Rock," "Wheels Within Wheels," "Crest Of A Wave" and "Walk On Hot Coals" just to name a few. I am looking forward to reading more posts on this thread. In the mean time, you take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Oh this is an excellent idea. :D Thanks for starting a thread Yes I really like Rory Gallagher and I think his underrated guitar player. I mean (after Zepp) I really got introduced with all the blues thing through him. :) Other thing I like about him is that he was really down to earth person, and didn't care so much for all the fame thing! And on of the best slide players, no matter acoustic or electric, excellent in both ways. I have Irish Tour Dvd and I really like it. Anyway here are some of my favorite vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDN-XIXcXQ

Oh this is an excellent idea. :D Thanks for starting a thread Yes I really like Rory Gallagher and I think his underrated guitar player. I mean (after Zepp) I really got introduced with all the blues thing through him. :) Other thing I like about him is that he was really down to earth person, and didn't care so much for all the fame thing! And on of the best slide players, no matter acoustic or electric, excellent in both ways. I have Irish Tour Dvd and I really like it. Anyway here are some of my favorite vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDN-XIXcXQ

Hi "Magenta!" How are you doing? Thanks for the great videos, I really enjoyed them. ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

Archived