KISS at MSG in NYC 10/10/09

Wolfman

Great show at the Garden last night with KISS. I was sitting right near the stage on Gene's side. I'm a dope for not bringing a camera. The boys were in top form and threw down a two hour plus setlist that included some nice solos and effects (like Tommy Thayer's guitar shooting rockets....one accidentally hit some lights above and they almost hit some of the crowd below). Gene was hilarious as usual as he really played with the crowd. One thing I loved is that Zep's "Rock & Roll" is played over the intercom before they hit the stage to get the crwod going and Paul teased "STH" before "Black Diamond." They also played part of the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" during one the songs. Great visuals and jamming by one the best live bands ever. Even though I wish Ace and Peter where with the boys still, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer do a great job. I'll have to say that I was disappointed that they didn't play "I Stole Your Love" which thay have been playing all tour. Also, he sounded better and better throughout the show, but Paul looks really tired. I hope he isn't having heart problems again. From the dry ice, fireworks, blood, and cool zipwire acts plus some of the best rock songs around (and of course, some amazing solos on guitar), KISS is one hell of a party that should not be missed. Oh yeah, Buck Cherry were the openers (missed them). Here's the setlist from last night:

Deuce

Strutter

Let Me Go Rock And Roll

Hotter Than Hell

Got To Choose

Modern Day Delilah

C'Mon and Love Me

She

Parasite

100,000 Years

I Love It Loud

Black Diamond

Rock And Roll All Nite

Shout It Out Loud

Lick It Up

Cold Gin

Love Gun

Detroit Rock City

Great show at the Garden last night with KISS. The boys were in top form and threw down a two hour plus setlist that included some nice solos and effects (like Tommy Thayer's guitar shooting rockets....one accidentally hit some lights above and they almost hit some of the crowd below). Gene was hilarious as usual as he really played with the crowd. One thing I loved is that Zep's "Rock & Roll" is played over the intercom before they hit the stage to get the crwod going and Paul teased "STH" before "Black Diamond." They also played part of the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" during one the songs. Great visuals and jamming by one the best live bands ever. Even though I wish Ace and Peter where with the boys still, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer do a great job. I'll have to say that I was disappointed that they didn't play "I Stole Your Love" which thay have been playing all tour. Also, he sounded better and better throughout the show, but Paul looks really tired. I hope he isn't having heart problems again. From the dry ice, fireworks, blood, and cool zipwire acts plus some of the best rock songs around (and of course, some amazing solos on guitar), KISS is one hell of a party that should not be missed. Oh yeah, Buck Cherry were the openers (missed them). Here's the setlist from last night:

Deuce

Strutter

Let Me Go Rock And Roll

Hotter Than Hell

Got To Choose

Modern Day Delilah

C'Mon and Love Me

She

Parasite

100,000 Years

I Love It Loud

Black Diamond

Rock And Roll All Nite

Shout It Out Loud

Lick It Up

Cold Gin

Love Gun

Detroit Rock City

Hi "Wolfman!" How's it going? You should be hearing from "Stargroves Tangie," she saw this show too. ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I absolutely loved the KISS show last night, it was my first KISS concert & they did not disappoint! Even though I wasn't too familiar with many of the songs (just have the greatest hits cd ), the show really rocked! Loved seeing a lot of the fans wearing the makeup & outfits too.

Hi Tangie! How's it going? I knew that you would see this thread. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

Archived