Signed LZII featured in charity auction

Nech

http://www.rockforkids.org/RockAuction2009/

Led Zeppelin signed album

Some additional info garnered from the auctioneers..

That particular item we acquired from one of our supporters who has been a lifelong memorabilia acquirer. He showed us the Certificate of Authenticity he was given when he first acquired the item himself. We've also had a couple of our other supporters who are professional memorabilia collectors look at the album and in their opinion it is authentic.

> 95% of the items in our auction we procure from musicians when they come through town or directly through the artists management (like the signed Robert Plant/ Allison Krauss piece). But for some of the classic rock pieces we really on our supporters in the professional memorabilia collecting field to make donations for us.

>

> The Certificate of Authenticity is from the company Forever Legends, Inc. signed by Maria Brockway. I'm afraid I don't have the opportunity to scan it for you at this time, but I hope that helps.

> Our proxy bidding ends today on all of our items and the auction takes place tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a large turn out to help the kids!

>

nice to see Zep items going for the good of kids. Lotsa other neat stuff there too.

The LZII autographs look a bit..... odd. :mellow:

YES indeed, very first thing I said when this was posted to FBO...hence me writing to the organizers and posting their reply. Was hoping, ahem, someone, would be able to give a definitive yeay or nay ... JP's certainly don't look anything like recent autographs, but does bear a teeny bit of resemblence to one from Yardbirds days..if even that one is legit

http://www.jimmypage.co.uk/jimmypageyardbirdsautographs.jpg

caveat emptor!!! but the framing is kinda cool.

There has been an interesting thread going on elsewhere and seems the consencus is they are bogus. Everything from the stylistic differences to type of pen/marker used, to the seemily pristine condition of the autographs considering they should be AT LEAST 29+ years old and lack of any real documentation it's a crap shoot at best.

Certainly hope noone thinks I am endorsing this auction or autographs as legit, just putting it out there for discussion and opinions. Althought again, a good cause, bottom line, caveat emptoritis abounds.

Thanks

YES indeed, very first thing I said when this was posted to FBO...hence me writing to the organizers and posting their reply. Was hoping, ahem, someone, would be able to give a definitive yeay or nay ... JP's certainly don't look anything like recent autographs, but does bear a teeny bit of resemblence to one from Yardbirds days..if even that one is legit

http://www.jimmypage.co.uk/jimmypageyardbirdsautographs.jpg

caveat emptor!!! but the framing is kinda cool.

I'm no expert on hand writing but these sigs all look like they were done by the same hand

Archived