R.I.P. Doug Fieger

BonzoLikeDrumer

Sad news.

Back when their first lp was released in 79, it was a big hit, had some good pop songs and very good playing. The cover was a total rip from the early Beatles cover.

Yeah, they where a hoped up incarnation of the Fab Four, one of the group's that helped topple Disco from the club scene in LA.

I had "Get The Knack" (when it first came out in 1979) on LP disc and "My Sharona" on cassette tape. All I have now is a compilation CD that I bought from Wal-Mart back in 2008.

Edited by BonzoLikeDrumer

Yeah, they where a hoped up incarnation of the Fab Four, one of the group's that helped topple Disco from the club scene in LA.

I had "Get The Knack" (when it first came out in 1979) on LP disc and "My Sharona" on cassette tape. All I have now is a compilation CD that I bought from Wal-Mart back in 2008.

I had that album too and remember "My Sharona" being played to death in the clubs. Can't deny that it was a catchy tune bagoverhead.gif