Funeral Music

BIGDAN

Hi Folks,

A little topic to bring some humour to this cold forum. :lol:

Anything you think we would roll up laughing too, nothing too serious though, we wouldnt want to offend the already demised.

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, nearly forgot, here's mine,

At my uncles funeral this year, and he was an avid Jonny Cash fan, they played at his cremation, wait for it,

"BURN BURN BURN"

"RING OF FIRE"

and

"Lying in the arms of Mary"

which just happened to be his wifes/my aunts christian name, i nearly wet my self and cried at the same time.

:boohoo:

On a serious note:

Two weekends ago, I attended the funeral of the father of my youngest son's friend from high school.

As we got into the car to drive in the procession to the cemetery, Stairway to Heaven came on the radio.

I looked at my son and said: "Can you believe this?"

What a coincidence that we would hear that song at that moment!

I always wanted "Freebird" to be played at my funeral. First they'd cry at the "If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?" line, but pretty soon the tears would dry, and then about 3 minutes into the guitar solo, they'd just be like, oh my GOD, does this thing ever END?! Yep, a pain in the ass 'til the very end. :D

On a serious note:

Two weekends ago, I attended the funeral of the father of my youngest son's friend from high school.

As we got into the car to drive in the procession to the cemetery, Stairway to Heaven came on the radio.

I looked at my son and said: "Can you believe this?"

What a coincidence that we would hear that song at that moment!

Hi Doc,

I wanted funny ones, you'll have me in tears with this one, you'll have to do better than that. :o

I have just one more,

Misses BIGDANs brother died in 2005, the family thought that he should have a Horse and Carriage to take him to the Crematorium, this was because of his love of the G-Gs, the horses arrived at the address and they had to go on an 8 mile detour as they couldn't negotiate the hills around where he lived, this took 45 minutes. At the end of the service a horse lorry arrived to take the poor knackered horse and carriage back to the stables, ahhhh.

The family agreed with Misses BIGDANS idea of a joke that her brother would have thought very funny and apt because of his rendition of it as a youngster to his siblings, and that was to have the Peter Cook and Dudley Moore song "Good Bye-ee" and this is the actual song they used, please enjoy.

The shock on the peoples faces that were not in on it was so memorable, people didn't know whether to cry or laugh, and some did both but everybody thought it was apt for him.

Regards, Danny

The last funeral I went to was for a friend who was best described as 'eccentric'.

Inkeeping with the spirit of the man, he chose the most innapropriate music possible:

Oxygene by Jean Michel Jarre

He went out like he came in - confusing and brilliant.

Archived