Fender Museum

ledzepfvr

Saturday I went to the Fender Museum in Corona CA with my car club. There was lots of famous guitar memorabilia and the museum has a music program for kids. Free guitar lessons for those who qualify and a scholarship program. I had a really good time checking the place out and any serious guitar buffs should check it out when in this neck of the woods. I'll post some pics later.

Thanks for posting this. As an owner of a Fender Strat and a Telecaster Plus this place certainly appeals to me. Any more pics?

Yep! The hubby, who is a guitar enthusist took alot. I'll try to get in a few more tonight.

What, no Fender Rhodes Electric Piano in that great looking carousel tree of all time great Fender stuff??? The nerve!!! :o:)

Quite nervey indeed!! :D Hi BLD :wave:

They had no keyboards displayed at all so that was a little dissappointing.

More pics to come.

DSC00040.jpg

Pete Townsend's broken guitar in a broken case.

DSC00027.jpg

Me looking like I know what I'm doing. NOT! When I was 8 my mom bought me a drum set with a picture of Hawaii on it and was soon sorry that she did because I drove her crazy. I had no promise of talent then and still have no talent. :D

Would like to learn sometime though. The hubby has a electronic set in a box in the music room.

DSC00040.jpg

Pete Townsend's broken guitar in a broken case.

DSC00027.jpg

Me looking like I know what I'm doing. NOT! When I was 8 my mom bought me a drum set with a picture of Hawaii on it and was soon sorry that she did because I drove her crazy. I had no promise of talent then and still have no talent. :D

Would like to learn sometime though. The hubby has a electronic set in a box in the music room.

One, two, three, four... that's it girl! all you have to be able to do is count to four to be a drummer...Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

George Harrison maybe?

george-herrisontele.jpg

George Harrison maybe?

I did a little sleuthing and beleive it is a worn and torn replica of Andy Summers of the Police. I kinda want to think that the other Blackie and SRV guitars are replicas also. They were next to a exibit dipicting a Fender custom shop. We did not have a docent to answer questions.

Summers2.jpg

I did a little sleuthing and beleive it is a worn and torn replica of Andy Summers of the Police. I kinda want to think that the other Blackie and SRV guitars are replicas also. They were next to a exibit dipicting a Fender custom shop. We did not have a docent to answer questions.

Summers2.jpg

Hmmm.. You may just be right there my friend!!!

AndySommers.jpg

http://www.fender.com/artists/artist.php?id=48

I'll be posting the last of my pictures tonight. Unfortunatly the hubby who had control of the camra did not get any decent photos of the exibits of 2 of the biggest supporters of the museum, Steve Miller and Paul Rogers, nor of the main exibit featuring Johnny Cash.

I did have him take a photo of me in front of PR exibit pointing to Jimmy in a shot with The Firm but he was holding his glasses and the arm of the glasses cut right across the shot. Ugggh! Oh well.

DSC00022.jpg

Indoor concert area.

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

Heres the web site.

http://fendermuseum.com/

Not much in the way of pictures since they want you to come see for yourself. But then I supplied you with a semi tour. :D But it does talk about the Kids Rock Free program for those of you worried about our youth not learning music the old fashioned way.

• 7 months later...

Archived