Will Page ever release Beatles Anthology-esque album?

Gip

I am not so sure that a lot more material exists. Unlike the Beatles who were comfortable with a lot of press exposure around them, Zep did not have a lot of people with cameras around them. The source tapes may have some stuff there, but I do not see Jimmy Page go through all of that.

I am not so sure that a lot more material exists. Unlike the Beatles who were comfortable with a lot of press exposure around them, Zep did not have a lot of people with cameras around them. The source tapes may have some stuff there, but I do not see Jimmy Page go through all of that.

There are tonnes of bootlegs out there with studio outtakes. Google is your friend. :)

I'm sure we would all love a release like this, with alternate versions, and studio chatter. Page has to have all of this, so will he ever put it out?

I think Led Zeppelin's albums are meant to stand as artistic statements to where they were at the time they were recorded. Alternate versions and studio chatter, occasionally interesting, add little to the original intent

and arguably would detract from the original production. So much of this material is available in secondary

markets or being traded amongt's collector's already it's doubtful demand for an official release is sufficient

to make the time and effort worthwhile.

I think Led Zeppelin's albums are meant to stand as artistic statements to where they were at the time they were recorded. Alternate versions and studio chatter, occasionally interesting, add little to the original intent

and arguably would detract from the original production. So much of this material is available in secondary

markets or being traded amongt's collector's already it's doubtful demand for an official release is sufficient

to make the time and effort worthwhile.

Exactly

Archived