Jimmy Page performing Calling to you

Coda.S

It's weird how some people on youtube compare Plant and Coverdale and actually think Coverdale is better!!

As far as early seventies go, Plant is uncomparably better!! Much better tone and articulation and as far as other stuff goes a much better songwriter and improviser.

If you compare them in the nineties on a song like Black dog, yeah shure, Coverdale hits all the high notes like Plant did on the record and so did Plant in the early seventies, but then Plant had voice issues in the seventies, so he sings a few notes of Black dog lower and his voice sounds a bit burned out and he cracks sometimes, but hey, i must admit i still think Plant is better!! He still has a much more beautifull tone and articulation!!!

Coverdales voice has this quite annoying squeal to it and he doesn't articulate the words too good!! He is good enough for generic heavy metal, but far from being good enough for Zep!!

It's sad Page recorded and toured with him, because he basicaly sold the Zep legacy to a Plant clone, who is not half as good as Plant and then he basicaly made money from it and basicaly took Coverdale, just that he could play Zep songs, because Plant refused and i'm glad it ended soon and that he went on tour with the master Plant!!

Writing new songs with Coverdale is a better thing, but still writing Zep like songs with a Plant copycat, is not a good thing for me, even if Coverdale sounds quite good, when he doesn't sing too high. I think Jimmy should always go for something new and with Coverdale, that was not the case!!

It's weird how some people on youtube compare Plant and Coverdale and actually think Coverdale is better!!

As far as early seventies go, Plant is uncomparably better!! Much better tone and articulation and as far as other stuff goes a much better songwriter and improviser.

If you compare them in the nineties on a song like Black dog, yeah shure, Coverdale hits all the high notes like Plant did on the record and so did Plant in the early seventies, but then Plant had voice issues in the seventies, so he sings a few notes of Black dog lower and his voice sounds a bit burned out and he cracks sometimes, but hey, i must admit i still think Plant is better!! He still has a much more beautifull tone and articulation!!!

Coverdales voice has this quite annoying squeal to it and he doesn't articulate the words too good!! He is good enough for generic heavy metal, but far from being good enough for Zep!!

It's sad Page recorded and toured with him, because he basicaly sold the Zep legacy to a Plant clone, who is not half as good as Plant and then he basicaly made money from it and basicaly took Coverdale, just that he could play Zep songs, because Plant refused and i'm glad it ended soon and that he went on tour with the master Plant!!

Writing new songs with Coverdale is a better thing, but still writing Zep like songs with a Plant copycat, is not a good thing for me, even if Coverdale sounds quite good, when he doesn't sing too high. I think Jimmy should always go for something new and with Coverdale, that was not the case!!

I absolutely agree with you. I respect the fact that Coverdale has fans and everything, but comparing him to Robert always pisses me off!

I actually can't figure out why he copied Robert's appearance in the Coverdale Page era, especially in the Pride&Joy video; it was just hilarious seeing him trying and trying to sing and move like him. I did not notice any creativity in this project except Jimmy's music. Plant is incomparably better vocally, lyrically, and musically. So, it is totally absurd to compare Coverdale to him.

I loved the way they did "Shake My Tree" on the Unledded tour, particularly because of the theramin. Very exciting theramin on that tour. I always love a good theramin performance. smile.gif

I loved the way they did "Shake My Tree" on the Unledded tour, particularly because of the theramin. Very exciting theramin on that tour. I always love a good theramin performance. smile.gif

Yes it was awesome! :)

6:50 hear to this awesome solo.

Brilliant!

Archived