The Ocean Cover

Hey everyone this is a video of my band playing The Ocean and i just wanted to know what you guys think of it. I know the video quality is HORRIBLE but just listen to it and tell me what you think, how to improve, etc. graysmile.gif Btw don't be too harsh, it was our first gig lolz.

Anyway here's the link graybigrazz.gif and also check out the other covers from the show if you like this one graysmile.gif

Hey everyone this is a video of my band playing The Ocean and i just wanted to know what you guys think of it. I know the video quality is HORRIBLE but just listen to it and tell me what you think, how to improve, etc. graysmile.gif Btw don't be too harsh, it was our first gig lolz.

Anyway here's the link graybigrazz.gif and also check out the other covers from the show if you like this one graysmile.gif

That's pretty good for a first gig - well done! It's not an easy song to play. I liked the drummer coming in early during the interlude.

My advice would be for the singer to tackle the higher parts in a register he's more comfortable with. Plant was a hell of a singer in those days, not easy to copy, and anyway you shouldn't be trying to copy things exactly.

Can we have Dancing Days next, please? :rolleyes:

That's pretty good for a first gig - well done! It's not an easy song to play. I liked the drummer coming in early during the interlude.

My advice would be for the singer to tackle the higher parts in a register he's more comfortable with. Plant was a hell of a singer in those days, not easy to copy, and anyway you shouldn't be trying to copy things exactly.

Can we have Dancing Days next, please? :rolleyes:

Yeah the high parts are kinda tough and There is and only will be one Plant, but I can get the high parts good most of the time though it may sound worse because the camera was bad but oh well

I LOVE Dancing Days but then again, I love all Zeppelin so I would def do that song but I don't know about the others because they wanna pick some songs they wanna do also and we wanna get away from doing only covers.

Was it me or did the drumming seem a bit quick? maybe it was just the use of the cymbal and the way it reacted with the microphone.

As far as a live recording, for a first gig, I enjoyed it.

It could have very well just been the camera because it was not a great camera (look at the picture haha) but I don't think the drumming was quick or anything although we may have rushed it a bit because this song is incredibly easy to rush, Zeppelin did it ALL the time live.

And thanks dude :)

I was blown away by the fact that the singer/guitarist was being both page and plant at the same time. Kurt Cobain tried and didn't really do it justice (see video below - skip to :52) , this kid's really good at it. Awesome performance. The drumming could use a bit of work, seemed kinda sloppy.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=w4X7egUHkqQ

WOW thanks man that's a huge compliment :). Playing and singing it was a little hard at first but now it's fine. Plus those notes are sometimes tricky to sing. And although I love Nirvana I don't think Kurt was that great of a singer but he was an amazing songwriter. And I'll tell Mark (our drummer) to step it up! haha :D but I thought he did fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived