Robert on BBC1 this Sunday 9am

No1ZeppelinFan

It might be worth remembering that to the majority of people ,if they have any idea who he is ,RP was/is the singer with Led Zeppelin..not everyone is a fan and to in order that memories are pricked the lowest common denominator question is asked..my 16 year old daughter and 83 year old mother in law both saw the programme and neither knew who he was.

I get what you're saying but I don't see how asking if Zep is reuniting would benefit people who don't know him. Inevitably, any interview whether it's on tv or radio or print, the introductory paragraph or headline refers to him as being in LZ.

Do they both live in an igloo near the North Pole most of the time?

Unbelievable!!!!

Why unbelievable..my daughter listens to her own music and I have no idea who most of the artists are but they mean as much to her as RP does to the people on here..we live in the Black Country btw B)

I get what you're saying but I don't see how asking if Zep is reuniting would benefit people who don't know him. Inevitably, any interview whether it's on tv or radio or print, the introductory paragraph or headline refers to him as being in LZ.

It's the only point of reference they have, they have to assume that people know who LZ were.

What's so wrong in mentioning him being in LZ? Nobody who isn't a music fan would know who he was. They won't have heard of him, but they will probably have heard of LZ. Plus it's called context-setting - and LZ is and will remain his primary context, whether he likes it or not.

Furthermore, would anyone ever have heard of him if he hadn't been in LZ? Unlikely, I'd say. He should get over it.

What's so wrong in mentioning him being in LZ? Nobody who isn't a music fan would know who he was. They won't have heard of him, but they will probably have heard of LZ. Plus it's called context-setting - and LZ is and will remain his primary context, whether he likes it or not.

Furthermore, would anyone ever have heard of him if he hadn't been in LZ? Unlikely, I'd say. He should get over it.

I didn't say anything was wrong mentioning Zep, I was referring to asking about the reunion, which has been answered many many times already by Robert.

Archived