New Hendrix Tracks To be Released

kenog

Source: - Digital Spy

Rare Jimi Hendrix tracks to be released

Tuesday, September 14 2010, 13:55 BST By Greg Ptolomey

160x120_jimi_hendrix.jpgRex FeaturesLive and unreleased Jimi Hendrix songs will be heard for the first time, it has been announced.

A boxset titled West Coast Seattle Boy - The Jimi Hendrix Anthology will be available on November 15.

Live tracks, demos and alternative takes of Hendrix tracks are spread across four CDs, with one disc dedicated to cover versions of songs by the likes of Little Richard and The Isley Brothers.

The set will also include a DVD of a documentary called Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child about the life of the rock star, who died nearly 40 years ago at the age of 27.

The release of a single - an alternative take of 'Love Or Confusion' - will precede the boxset with a September 27 release.

Edited by kenog

Having checked the track listing, I do wonder who this is aimed at. Casual fans probably won't be interested, and the hardcore will already have most if not all of this stuff.

Personally, I'd be far more interested in the Hendrix estate gathering up all the known studio tapes and releasing them intact, year by year. Admittedly, there is already a huge amount available on the ROIO sites, but there must be more out there that hasn't surfaced yet.

Having checked the track listing, I do wonder who this is aimed at. Casual fans probably won't be interested, and the hardcore will already have most if not all of this stuff.

Personally, I'd be far more interested in the Hendrix estate gathering up all the known studio tapes and releasing them intact, year by year. Admittedly, there is already a huge amount available on the ROIO sites, but there must be more out there that hasn't surfaced yet.

There are many tracks on this that are not available officially or on a Bootleg. I for one will be ordering the 4 CD/DVD edition...............BTW it's 40 years tomorrow (18th Sept) that Jimi passed away.

Edited by johnthomasmoby