Led Zep- MSG

boylollipop

If that´s all you know, maybe this forum isn´t for you.

Why? It's a direct answer to your question. No, there is not any info on that.

But here's more detail if you want it: It's not going to ever happen, because they don't have complete footage of all 3 shows. They pieced together what they had from the 3 shows to make 1 complete movie, and even then needed to do "pretend" concert footage in 1974 to fill in the gaps. You'll notice a lot of parts in the movie where their hair is different, Jonsey is wearing a wig, and Bonzo looks heavier than he did 5 minutes ago. That's because they were mimicking the MSG concerts on a soundstage in England in '74, because they didn't have enough footage from the 3 shows to even make 1 complete show. So, for that reason, they won't ever be releasing the 3 "complete" MSG shows.

- Is there any info on an official release of the 3 concerts from MSG, july 1973, used for TSRTS?

Hello boylollipop,

There was a question and answer session here on the forum with Dick Carruthers, the producer of TSRTS. Because my friends and I were at those concerts (and at least one of my friends appears in the film) I was especially curious about what might have happened to the extra footage and whether there were any plans to release it. You can read my questions and Mr. Carruther's answers to them as well as other questions from forum members here and Mr. Carruther's responses:

http://forums.ledzep...ick-carruthers/

- Page must be able to release the whole TSRTS-concert w/o the fantasy sequences.

When this was re-released a few years ago, Jimmy wanted to remove the fantasy sequences from the film, but was allowed to by the producers of the film. I think their names are Joe Massot and Peter Clifton. Since it's their body of work, it probably was in their contract that the film could not be altered without their permission. I'm sure someone could add more to this, but that's the basic details.

Surely you must mean:" Wasn´t allowed to..."

I thought Led Zeppelin had the rights to the movie?

Typo on my part, that's what I meant. Usually, producers and directors have more rights to the movie, than actors would. Zeppelin would be considered the actors of this movie. Don't think Jimmy had the right to change anything creaticely in the movie or was turned down.

Archived