RP - Absolute Radio interview

sam_webmaster

This interview was great and Robert looks insanely cute here! At least the questions weren't the same ole, same ole, e.g. what about Zeppelin and the newer question ALL THE TIME re: what happened to Raising Sand II and Alison Krauss. I guess he's gonna have to answer again and again and again about THAT too and he's starting to look disgusted with that question. I thought THIS interview REALLY REALLY focused on Band of Joy as all the interviews should be focusing on. Isn't THAT what he's doing NOW and LOVING NOW? Why is it, or is it just me that feels this way, that every time Robert does something new, the focus is always more on what he did previously as if the new stuff doesn't matter? So annoying.

This interview was great and Robert looks insanely cute here! At least the questions weren't the same ole, same ole, e.g. what about Zeppelin and the newer question ALL THE TIME re: what happened to Raising Sand II and Alison Krauss. I guess he's gonna have to answer again and again and again about THAT too and he's starting to look disgusted with that question. I thought THIS interview REALLY REALLY focused on Band of Joy as all the interviews should be focusing on. Isn't THAT what he's doing NOW and LOVING NOW? Why is it, or is it just me that feels this way, that every time Robert does something new, the focus is always more on what he did previously as if the new stuff doesn't matter? So annoying.

Robert always likes to focus on the present, while the media does the opposite, which can make it a bit difficult. But, I'm sure he's used to it by now.

It was great to see the interview. I dont know exactly how recent it is? But I just cant look at Plant and not see Jimmy Page sitting there next to him. It takes some getting used to. At the Now and Zen concert I was at it was fine. But the O2 thing just brought it out of me. To me he will always be the legendary lead singer of Led Zeppelin. The guy who sang Stairway to Heaven. He has a great personality. If only------------------------

Great interview! Far cry from the Zep days and he/they never had anything to do with the media.

These are very different times. Back then rock radio actually supported new artists so they could get by with it. These days, even having your song featured in an ad (say, JC Penny) is but one of a myriad of ways to gain exposure for your work.

That was because of Peter Grant and the way he wanted it. Made the band sort of mysterious.

They were always very mysterious and very good at avoiding the media. Jimmy Page is to this very day. Robert has come out more in recent times and expecially during the gigs with Allison. But I dont know very much about their personal lives. McCartney for example had his divorce all over the tabloids. I wonder if Robert was married again after Maureen? I would imagine he is still on good terms with her? But doubt he rarely sees her? He is constantly on the go and iin high demand. Wonder if he has Jimmy on speed dial?