10/4/77 Video

tom kid

Let's not forget, he also had to tend to Bonham as well. Holy crap!

And he prepared fresh organic carrot juice for Robert and Jonesy before every gig.

The whole band and organization were delving into some heavy shit at that time. Not just Jimmy and Bonzo.

Having seen these shows first hand, I remember Jimmy being extremely animated onstage. Even on the evening he fell ill, Page was putting out. There's too much glorification of the whole drug situation at that time. As John Paul Jones has stated several times that all the bands at that time were doing drugs. It's how it was and it's not the reason that tour was cancelled.

And he prepared fresh organic carrot juice for Robert and Jonesy before every gig.

The whole band and organization were delving into some heavy shit at that time. Not just Jimmy and Bonzo.

Having seen these shows first hand, I remember Jimmy being extremely animated onstage. Even on the evening he fell ill, Page was putting out. There's too much glorification of the whole drug situation at that time. As John Paul Jones has stated several times that all the bands at that time were doing drugs. It's how it was and it's not the reason that tour was cancelled.

Very true, Chi, and compared to some of the bands -Aerosmith, for example- Zep wasn't all that bad when it came to drugs. I have heard a hell of a lot more 'bad' Aerosmith shows from that era compared to Zep. I mean, Page collapsed that one time; Bonzo in Nuremburg in 1980 (I don't buy the 'bananas' story anymore than the 'gastroentritis' excuse) whereas it seems like Steven Tyler was passing out onstage every other gig it seems! Or forgetting half the lyrics to the songs, or forgetting what city they were playing in...Robert may have indulged like anyone else at the time, but at least he was with it when it came to showtime.

Or look at The Band's "Last Waltz"...I can get a coke buzz just by watching the damned movie of the concert! Scorsese having to airbrush a rock of coke out of Neil Young's nose :blink: ...I agree about the 'glorification' of the drugs...they used the excuse of 'it's only rock and roll', but the list of casualties is fuckin' long indeed. My hat goes off to the survivors, the ones who got wise. In the end, I don't give a shit if you're on the streets or a rich, pampered rock star- there is nothing 'glorious' about any addiction.

• 3 weeks later...

The chair was requested by Jimmy at the start of his first solo. From then to the song's end he never left it.

Here is part 2 to the video from 4-9-77 and Jimmy doesn't sit down till towards the end of song- great to have this footage to show what actually took place.

http://www.youtube.com/user/worldwidekillerz#p/u/42/KRZrP5lYzbE

Archived