Phish To Cover An Entire Led Zeppelin Album In Concert

SuperDave

Not sure if this topic belongs here or in the "Other Bands" Forum, so feel free to move it if that's more suited.

According to the JamBands website, Phish will be covering an entire Led Zeppelin album, this Sunday on Halloween in Atlantic City at the Boardwalk Hall during their show. It's not certain which one it will be, but I'm sure it will be good as the band has done some great covers of Zeppelin in the past. It is well noted that Trey Anastastio is a big Led Zeppelin fan. They certainly do the band justice and are very creative with their covers.

Here is the band covering "The Rover" from earlier this year in Camden, NJ.

Nice one for the heads up, SuperDave. What a great clip too - never mind Page McConnell's singing; they never even pretend to impersonate the vocal style of most of their covers. It's fun, plain and simple.

At Festival 8 in Coachella last Halloween, Phish covered the entire Exile on Main Street by the Rolling Stones. Turned a 69min 2LP into a 102min set. You can find it out there if you search. Great musicians, fabulous jammers, those fun-lovin' Phish gentlemen are.

My bet is they'll cover Physical Graffiti. Can you imagine what they'll do with that!?! It's the kind of outrageous, ballsy and totally ridiculous thing Phish does. And does well. Now, if only Phish would come back to Europe - Ireland - again! I have fond, if somewhat blurred, memories of their 1997 visit. Far out, man.

B)

Nice one for the heads up, SuperDave. What a great clip too - never mind Page McConnell's singing; they never even pretend to impersonate the vocal style of most of their covers. It's fun, plain and simple.

At Festival 8 in Coachella last Halloween, Phish covered the entire Exile on Main Street by the Rolling Stones. Turned a 69min 2LP into a 102min set. You can find it out there if you search. Great musicians, fabulous jammers, those fun-lovin' Phish gentlemen are.

My bet is they'll cover Physical Graffiti. Can you imagine what they'll do with that!?! It's the kind of outrageous, ballsy and totally ridiculous thing Phish does. And does well. Now, if only Phish would come back to Europe - Ireland - again! I have fond, if somewhat blurred, memories of their 1997 visit. Far out, man.

B)

That would be pretty awesome if they do Physical Graffiti. Will have to check their website over the next few days and see what happens.

Every Halloween concert Phish does, involves covering a whole album, by another band. Pretty much a tradition. I know a few years back they also did "Dark Side Of The Moon".

They do a really good version of "Good Times Bad Times" among their Zep covers.

Just checked with a friend who is a serious serious phish fan. over a hundred shows. he also heard it's going to be physical graffitti.

maybe a jimmy sighting? always possible. Thinking IF Jimmy is going to take in one of the JBLZE shows it will

probably be in or around NYC which starts Tuesday(Boston) through the 8th(NYC) so maybe he's in town.

either way, I'm there.

ROAD TRIP!!!!! ON HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

Just checked with a friend who is a serious serious phish fan. over a hundred shows. he also heard it's going to be physical graffitti.

maybe a jimmy sighting? always possible. Thinking IF Jimmy is going to take in one of the JBLZE shows it will

probably be in or around NYC which starts Tuesday(Boston) through the 8th(NYC) so maybe he's in town.

either way, I'm there.

ROAD TRIP!!!!! ON HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

That's cool that it may be Physical Graffiti. Couldn't make a better choice! :gimmefive: Will definitely be checking YouTube next week for the vids. Also be great if Jimmy is in town for the JBLZE. Although, I wouldn't bet on it, since this is Jason's show and I wouldn't think Jimmy would want to upstage him. I think the chances of this of happening are slim at best...and slim is in the morgue. :heartbreaker: I'll be at the NYC show on the 8th. Can't wait for that. I'm sure it will be a great show, considering the feedback I've read from the previous shows so far.

That's cool that it may be Physical Graffiti. Couldn't make a better choice! :gimmefive: Will definitely be checking YouTube next week for the vids. Also be great if Jimmy is in town for the JBLZE. Although, I wouldn't bet on it, since this is Jason's show and I wouldn't think Jimmy would want to upstage him. I think the chances of this of happening are slim at best...and slim is in the morgue. :heartbreaker: I'll be at the NYC show on the 8th. Can't wait for that. I'm sure it will be a great show, considering the feedback I've read from the previous shows so far.

Gov't Mule often does a cover album for Halloween. A couple of years back in St Paul they did all of Houses of the Holy! I'm off to see them in San Francisco this year, rumor is they plan to cover Who's Next!

Not sure if this topic belongs here or in the "Other Bands" Forum, so feel free to move it if that's more suited.

According to the JamBands website, Phish will be covering an entire Led Zeppelin album, this Sunday on Halloween in Atlantic City at the Boardwalk Hall during their show. It's not certain which one it will be, but I'm sure it will be good as the band has done some great covers of Zeppelin in the past. It is well noted that Trey Anastastio is a big Led Zeppelin fan. They certainly do the band justice and are very creative with their covers.

Apparently the album they covered last night was Little Feat's Waitin' For Columbus. I'd heard about them doing a version of Time Loves A Hero when they played Raleigh earlier this year. Anything that brings more attention to that record and Little Feat in general is a good thing.

Apparently the album they covered last night was Little Feat's Waitin' For Columbus. I'd heard about them doing a version of Time Loves A Hero when they played Raleigh earlier this year. Anything that brings more attention to that record and Little Feat in general is a good thing.

The night before they threw all the fans off by performing snippets of "WLL", "Ramble On", "Thank You", "Heartbreaker" and "Stairway". It's possible, that once this leaked out on the ne,t they changed their mind as they want to surprise their fans. Perhaps, they may do a Zep album one day.

Just got back home. Went down to the Halloween show. Yup, little feat and no zeppelin. Not even one song. That's OK, it was still an awesome trip/show.

Tix were 600+ on stubhub before i left. my friend was positive that i could not scalp for a reasonable amount. We got there and everyone wanted to buy tix and noone

selling them(there were a few for 500+ in the back). I was worried that i wouldn't be able to get in. It's never happened before. Not even once. I kept the faith.

I'm making my way through the crowd and out of nowhere this beautiful young blond hippie chick says she has two. How awesome is she? A scalper walked up behind me

and wanted to know how mjuch. When she said one hundred each we both knew they were a steal but since I was a fan and he was a scalper she went with me.

I told her I drove four and a half hours with no tik and she hooked me up. THANK YOU.

Tix were in section 104, awesome seats for scalping last minute. We were surrounded by everyone with backstage passes, we were apparently in the "bands tickets"

section. How cool. Everyone around us knew the band or knew someone in it Very cool.

The show was freaking amazing. I've never seen Phish. Only heard about "the energy". I gotta say. It's no bullshit. These guys are amazing. They played their first

set from 810 to about 940. At ten they started set two and did the whole little feat album and went to 1140 and then started their their third set at midnight

and played until almost quarter to two in the frigging morning. I have seen shows with two warm up bands that were not as long as this gig - with no warmup.

As I realized how long it was I thought about how Zep used to play for 3+ and even 4 hours at a time. That is really amazing. Loads and loads of energy.

I wish I knew the songs and could comment on them. They did start out with Edgar Winters Frankentstein(it was Halloween), but after that it was nothing

I have ever heard before until set two with little feat. Dixie Chicken was just incredible and I will have a video up on youtube tonight at some point. Good stuff.

One song, again don't know the name, all of the bandmembers switched seats. Musical chairs by the musicians onstage. The singer went to drums, the keyboard

is singing. Drummer on guitar. You don't see that much now do ya?

Another highlight and a song I have heard a million times -even though i don't know the name - is Don't Bogart that Joint My Friend. How cool was it to hear that.

by the way. You did not have to smoke pot in order to be high. so much was smoked that just the contact high would have gotten an average everyday person

higher than a kite. And my god did it smell good.....

Of course I went to hear Zep and it didn't happen. Not even one song, but that's OK. It was still well worth the time and effort.

If you get a chance to check these guys out you should. Just be ready to bring lots of "energy".

Thanks for the first hand review. Not a big Phish phan but I do like a lot of their stuff. Especially this Halloween tradition of theirs and all the interesting cover songs they do. You never know what you'll hear at one of their shows and how they'll do it. Quite an eclectic band. Very unique.

They really are. They've definitely got their own thing going.

It's pretty amazing that i've seen so many shows and none ever compared to the length of this show.

Another really cool part of the show

They had those glow in the dark sticks all over the place. Since it was Halloween one guy had hundreds on him walking around. Others dressed up in Christmas

lights. Just too cool. Throughout the whole arena literally thousands, possibly tens of thousands of these glow sticks were everywhere. At times there were

hundreds at a time thrown up in the air, landing on everyone.

At one point of a song they just stopped playing and the crowd went absolutely apeshit crazy and everyone was throwing all of the glow

sticks up in the air. everyone on the floor must have been hit by at least ten of them as they were flying everywhere. The level of anxiety

from their loyal followers when they paused for a good minute or two was just stuningly unbeleivable. i've witnessed many many crowds go nuts

but this was just simply unreal. Definitely one of the highest level of energy shows I've ever been to.Trey is truly king of the zoo.

• 2 months later...

Archived