Question on Cdn counter display 1st album

Watergirl

Does anyone know if Atlantic records in Canada had counter stand displays of the first Led Zeppelin album cover. We have one and it sure doesn't look like it could have been from an album. All edges are square cut cardboard - no paper or rounded edges. Its also perfectly square and measures 12-1/4 x 12-1/4. In the bottom left corner, printed vertically from bottom to top is "PRINTED IN CANADA" . In the bottom right is the album number SD8216 above the Atlantic logo. Would appreciate if someone could solve this mystery. Thank you

Does anyone know if Atlantic records in Canada had counter stand displays of the first Led Zeppelin album cover. We have one and it sure doesn't look like it could have been from an album. All edges are square cut cardboard - no paper or rounded edges. Its also perfectly square and measures 12-1/4 x 12-1/4. In the bottom left corner, printed vertically from bottom to top is "PRINTED IN CANADA" . In the bottom right is the album number SD8216 above the Atlantic logo. Would appreciate if someone could solve this mystery. Thank you

Please post a photo of the item if possible (front and back).

Guess I should have done that with the question - pics of front and back and scan of lower left corner. Pls let me know if you'd like any additional photos. Thanks for the quick reply, we've been trying to find info on this for weeks. Thank you

post-15925-058932600 1288657358_thumb.jppost-15925-087563300 1288657474_thumb.jppost-15925-084291300 1288657654_thumb.jp

Please post a photo of the item if possible (front and back).

Any ideas on this?

Thanks again!

Guess I should have done that with the question - pics of front and back and scan of lower left corner. Pls let me know if you'd like any additional photos. Thanks for the quick reply, we've been trying to find info on this for weeks. Thank you

post-15925-058932600 1288657358_thumb.jppost-15925-087563300 1288657474_thumb.jppost-15925-084291300 1288657654_thumb.jp

Any ideas on this?

Thanks again!

Hi 'Watergirl'

Yes, I have exactly the same article, only its in a Plastic Silver Frame so I assume its a Picture, the picture of the back would point to this. I brought it in a music shop in the West End of London circa 1977-1979 ish.

I hope this helps. :)

Regards, Danny

PS, I'll post a picture if you need a reference. ;)

Hi Danny, Thanks for the repsonse. Does your's have 'printed in canada' (bottom left corner vertically)on it also? curious since you're in England.

Regards,

April

Hi 'Watergirl'

Yes, I have exactly the same article, only its in a Plastic Silver Frame so I assume its a Picture, the picture of the back would point to this. I brought it in a music shop in the West End of London circa 1977-1979 ish.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'Watergirl'

Regards, Danny

Dan, does yours also have "Printed in Canada?"

Difficult to discern if this is a legitamate vintage promotional item or is instead a "fake" or commemorative/souvinier item sold in record shops (with or without a frame). I'm inclined to believe it does date back to early 80s/late 70s, given the type of display, aging of the cardboard and Dan's statement of provenance.

Perhaps sam_webmaster will comment in due course.

Hi Danny, Thanks for the repsonse. Does your's have 'printed in canada' (bottom left corner vertically)on it also? curious since you're in England.

Regards,

April

Hi April, what a fool I am,

It turns out mine is a Led Zeppelin Album Artwork Printed on to a Mirror, it has "1969 Swan Song Inc" bottom left and "1977 Atlantic Recording Corps" bottom right, still it was nice to get it out for a clean, and my loft needs a defrag, never seen so much dust in my life before. :lol:

Regards, Danny

"Printed in Canada" was perplexing at first but I think I've found conclusive proof as to the origins and authenticity of the item in question. I do have some interest in acquiring the item for my archive if it becomes available.

vancouver70_press.jpg

Press Conference, Vancouver, March 21, 1970

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/event/march-21-1970-0

Sure wish I'd checked my e-mail this morning. The item sold on ebay today, sorry. But thank you for solving the mystery.

"Printed in Canada" was perplexing at first but I think I've found conclusive proof as to the origins and authenticity of the item in question. I do have some interest in acquiring the item for my archive if it becomes available.

vancouver70_press.jpg

Press Conference, Vancouver, March 21, 1970

http://www.ledzeppel...march-21-1970-0

Sure wish I'd checked my e-mail this morning. The item sold on ebay today, sorry. But thank you for solving the mystery.

Check this out. My "song remains the same" has Led Zeppelin mis-spelled on all four sides. I don't think this has ever been reported has it?

post-3491-089796000 1288966741_thumb.jpg

Check this out. My "song remains the same" has Led Zeppelin mis-spelled on all four sides. I don't think this has ever been reported has it?

You can never trust a Foreigner to do anything right can you? :o Still its probably worth a quid or two.

I'm off to Czech my collection and Zee Vot Ickt can find. :wacko:

Retards, Danny

PS, Still :Thinking::lol:

Found out that the guy who bought the display also has one of the blimps shown in the photo so a nice add to his collection.

Cheers

Archived