What's the first live concert you attended?

Zeppelin, April 10th, 1977 Chicago Stadium...still the best damn rock show I have EVER saw!

Next concert: Kiss Dynasty Tour, September 22nd, 1979 at the International Amphitheater...one of the WORST concerts I ever been to. The band played like crap, Peter Criss would just stop playing in the middle of the songs, why, I have no clue. The whole band acted like they just wanted to get the gig over with and debauch some young girls. Horrible! I was 11, went with a bunch of friend from my Jr. High School and we all saved our money to buy these damn tickets. 

Its one thing to have an off night, its quite another to just stop playing your instruments and have an apathetic attitude toward a whole show.

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

Zeppelin, April 10th, 1977 Chicago Stadium...still the best damn rock show I have EVER saw!

Next concert: Kiss Dynasty Tour, September 22nd, 1979 at the International Amphitheater...one of the WORST concerts I ever been to. The band played like crap, Peter Criss would just stop playing in the middle of the songs, why, I have no clue. The whole band acted like they just wanted to get the gig over with and debauch some young girls. Horrible! I was 11, went with a bunch of friend from my Jr. High School and we all saved our money to buy these damn tickets. 

Its one thing to have an off night, its quite another to just stop playing your instruments and have an apathetic attitude toward a whole show.

Hey IpMan,

Kiss were my 2nd concert, too. Unmasked Tour - September 15, 1980, Dortmund, Westfalenhalle. Opening act Iron Maiden.
I've read that there was just an audience of 5000 people (in a venue for about 15.000). I don't rememer that - my brother-in-law parked us teenage girls save in the most far away place from the stage and I turned angry because I did not see anything.  

The show was so bad. Unbelievable. And we saved our money, too. First, my father told me to pay the ticket for my brother-in-law, but then he showed mercy and paid it. 

Even though, it was a horrible concert, after all those years I smile while I'm typing this. Kiss? Why???
1980 - all the good acts were around.

My first concert is too embarrassing to tell, but it was at Essen, Grugahalle, where a certain Led Zeppelin gave a quite nice concert some years earlier :-)

Z

6 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Hey IpMan,

Kiss were my 2nd concert, too. Unmasked Tour - September 15, 1980, Dortmund, Westfalenhalle. Opening act Iron Maiden.
I've read that there was just an audience of 5000 people (in a venue for about 15.000). I don't rememer that - my brother-in-law parked us teenage girls save in the most far away place from the stage and I turned angry because I did not see anything.  

The show was so bad. Unbelievable. And we saved our money, too. First, my father told me to pay the ticket for my brother-in-law, but then he showed mercy and paid it. 

Even though, it was a horrible concert, after all those years I smile while I'm typing this. Kiss? Why???
1980 - all the good acts were around.

My first concert is too embarrassing to tell, but it was at Essen, Grugahalle, where a certain Led Zeppelin gave a quite nice concert some years earlier :-)

Z

Are you from Dortmund? I used to date a woman from Stuttgart. She was quite the wild woman, I could not keep up:-)

Germany is a beautiful country, you are very fortunate if you live there as I would love to relocate to Germany some day. I always had a great time in Germany.

13 hours ago, IpMan said:

Are you from Dortmund? I used to date a woman from Stuttgart. She was quite the wild woman, I could not keep up:-)

Germany is a beautiful country, you are very fortunate if you live there as I would love to relocate to Germany some day. I always had a great time in Germany.

I am from Köln (Cologne), Germany.

I hope you enjoy great memories from your time with the wild woman from Stuttgart.

And yes, I am fortunate to live in Europe. And thanks for your kind words about Germany. :)

Archived