The Hangover Part 2

TypeO

I think it says a lot that this trailer video was posted yesterday and already has nearly a quarter-million views.

I, for one, intend to be there opening day.

Hopefully, it won't be like so many other sequels and bomb out. I loved it the first time I saw it, but not so much the second time. Zach Galifinakis was funny at first, then became annoying. Ed Helms made the movie for me. The "I lost my tooth, I married a whore!" line had me rolling. And the Oriental guy was cool too. Anyway, I'll for sure check it out as well.

Hopefully, it won't be like so many other sequels and bomb out. I loved it the first time I saw it, but not so much the second time. Zach Galifinakis was funny at first, then became annoying. Ed Helms made the movie for me. The "I lost my tooth, I married a whore!" line had me rolling. And the Oriental guy was cool too. Anyway, I'll for sure check it out as well.

I'm just the opposite - it gets better each time I watch it!

But then I'm a notorious multiple viewer.

I like how the preview doesn't play every funny line in the movie, as so many movies do.

Ed Helms' new movie, Cedar Rapids, seems to be getting some pretty good notices as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezXN2pQQj04

Yeah, I'd like to see that, looks great.

I just saw Due Date today, and while it wasn't quite as good as The Hangover, it was really good.

Way better than the formula comedies lately (Grown Ups, Couples Retreat, etc.)

• 2 months later...

The first Hangover sucked ass for being a weak wannabe Very Bad Things. Let's hope Part II will be a bit better. But the fact that it takes place in Thailand doesn't add it much credibility.

I hated the first one and very much doubt I'll go near this one.

<_<

The first Hangover sucked ass for being a weak wannabe Very Bad Things. Let's hope Part II will be a bit better. But the fact that it takes place in Thailand doesn't add it much credibility.

"Wannabe" implies it was going for the same thing.

The Hangover is a comedy.

That's not exactly the same as "black comedy".

• 2 weeks later...

I think it may be funny but the idea of doing a sequel just because "Hollywood says" is ridiculous. I think it might be alot of the same jokes, with a slight twist. I'll see it...eventually. I'm just going to be reserved and see what happens.

I think it might be alot of the same jokes, with a slight twist.

Funny you should say that as I recently read an article (which I'm now unable to find) that did a side-by-side analysis of Parts 1 & 2. The results were that some of the same things from the first movie happen again in the new one and at nearly the exact same time. In other words, the author was pointing out that that the new movie comes off more as a remake than a sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it says a lot that this trailer video was posted yesterday and already has nearly a quarter-million views.

I, for one, intend to be there opening day.

Not quite opening day, but I saw it last night - 2nd day, I guess.

Yes, it was as awesome as I expected.

It was definitely more insane.

Funny you should say that as I recently read an article (which I'm now unable to find) that did a side-by-side analysis of Parts 1 & 2. The results were that some of the same things from the first movie happen again in the new one and at nearly the exact same time. In other words, the author was pointing out that that the new movie comes off more as a remake than a sequel.

Not really.

What they did worked well, at least for me.

I wish I could edit the title of this thread to add SPOILER ALERT in order to discuss it more in depth.

There will be some who say it sucks, but I think it was everything I had imagined, and then some.

I think Part 2 was aptly titled.

It's like a real-time continuation of the first movie.

Can Spielberg or Scorcese make another movie soon? Maybe Francis Ford Coppola? Last time I saw a movie in a theater was 2003. At the risk of sounding like the same people who decry the apparent lack of any quality music today, where are all the good films? I don't mean indie films (which I enjoy) or artsy-fartsy films (which I also enjoy)....I'm talking about the big studio blockbusters. Anymore all that's getting released are toilet humor, kids' movies, and hackneyed action films. Or the ubiquitous 22nd sequel. None of which has even a scintilla of appeal to me.

Can Spielberg or Scorcese make another movie soon? Maybe Francis Ford Coppola? Last time I saw a movie in a theater was 2003. At the risk of sounding like the same people who decry the apparent lack of any quality music today, where are all the good films? I don't mean indie films (which I enjoy) or artsy-fartsy films (which I also enjoy)....I'm talking about the big studio blockbusters. Anymore all that's getting released are toilet humor, kids' movies, and hackneyed action films. Or the ubiquitous 22nd sequel. None of which has even a scintilla of appeal to me.

Actually, last night I saw a trailer for Super 8 produced by Steven Spielberg that looked incredible.

Definitely a must-see.

http://www.super8-movie.com/

I heard a pretty informative piece during Marketplace on NPR yesterday about the upcoming summertime movies. Perhaps the most interesting thing they pointed out is how special effects have won out over star power. They cited Johnny Depp specifically as the only actor (out of the current crop starring in summer blockbusters) that could carry a movie outside of the summer season on his own.

Archived