neil diamond is amazed and confused

slave to zep

wasn't sure where to post this, but i thought it was interesting .....

i was watching the movie " the jazz singer " with neil diamond, and a scene where he is performing on stage, he starts singing " i've been amazed and confused, i been dazed and abused ..... " and i'm like " what did he just say? " surely as a muso he would know about zeps dazed and confused ...... anyway, it's the first time i had heard this diamond song, thought it was interesting.

Except for the lyrics in the chorus and they are composed diiferently, it's nothing like Led Zeppelin's / Jake Holmes' D & C.

As far as i know words and phrases can't be copyrighted as such but nowadays who knows?

hi reggie

yeah i wasn't really thinking about copyright, just thought it was that he chose those few words. wonder if it was ever pointed out to him?

and p.s. i can't seem to view youtube videos that anyone posts on here anymore, is there a setting i need to enable, or change/ i used to be able to, but all of a sudden i can't! :o:unsure:

I doubt anyone had to "point it out" to him. Although stylistically he and L Z are on different planets I have no doubt he was well aware of their work and I can see him using those lines [twisted around as they are] as a sort of homage to the great Led Zeppelin. Don't forget, Both Zep and Diamond's roots are well planted in the Blues.

I love N D's version of Mr. Bojangles. Has anyone seen Plant do this classic? Do share!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNOkZQFOAtQ&playnext=1&list=PL8159E34A6E98FF52

Archived