Led Zeppelin On Capitol Hill

This is far more interesting than anything that has gone down under this roof in years. Well done by Michigan Representative, Thaddeus McCotter ®. I included his party, but it doesn't really matter. Zep in the House of Reps or anywhere else is a good thing. It's quite a good listen.

As far as a possible government shutdown is concerned, more productivity would be seen out of our federal government in years! :P

Thad McCotter

This US Republican Rep. is from Detroit Michigan, and he would have been around 5-15 years old during Zep's concert career.

In December 2005, Rep. McCotter joined with several other Congressmen to form the Second Amendments, a bipartisan rock and country band set to play for United States troops stationed overseas over the holiday season. He plays lead guitar. In June 2006, the band played for President Bush's Picnic on the White House lawn, where Bush was quoted calling McCotter "That rock and roll dude."

This really isn't about Led Zeppelin.

His speech may not be about Led Zeppelin, however, I commend him for what he says. Not necessarliy his political words but his (I believe) "admiration" for and of Led Zeppelin. This politician seems to know his Led Zeppelin and that I can Respect. I fully realize that Politics (and Religion) are two subjects best not brought up in conversations because of very differing viewpoints and opinions (that can result in unneccesary violence, wars and death).

That being said, I believe that the subject of Led Zeppelin is a different story because I have and always will be a staunch and ferocious defender of Led Zeppelin and their Music. (This has only happened a few times in the 25+ years that I have been a Fan of the "Mighty Led Zeppelin").

His speech may not be about Led Zeppelin, however, I commend him for what he says. Not necessarliy his political words but his (I believe) "admiration" for and of Led Zeppelin. This politician seems to know his Led Zeppelin and that I can Respect. I fully realize that Politics (and Religion) are two subjects best not brought up in conversations because of very differing viewpoints and opinions (that can result in unneccesary violence, wars and death).

That being said, I believe that the subject of Led Zeppelin is a different story because I have and always will be a staunch and ferocious defender of Led Zeppelin and their Music. (This has only happened a few times in the 25+ years that I have been a Fan of the "Mighty Led Zeppelin").

I have no idea what he knows about Led Zeppelin, and I'm in no big hurry to jump to any conclusions about what he does or does not know about Led Zeppelin. As for any opinions about Led Zeppelin, people are free to think as they please IMHO.

Archived