New Led Zeppelin website

Greeting fellow Zep heads. I just wanted to let everyone know about my new Led Zeppelin fansite - http://www.LedZeppelinGuitar.com. I launched the site in January 2011 and I'm adding lots of new content. I'm a guitar player and my goal is to dive deep into the amazing styles/ techniques that make Jimmy Page the greatest guitarist on earth. I'm planning to add video lessons and discuss the technical aspects of Page's guitars, effects, and amps.

I created this site for the sole purpose of celebrating and discussing the greatest band in the world, Led Zeppelin. I'm not trying to sell anything or profit off the bands legacy.

Please contact me if you would like to be involved with the site (writers, moderators, etc..)

Thank you.

Well I just got back from taking a boo at your site...first impression, not bad at all. I fully expect to make return visits.

As I am a Led Zeppelin fan, a Jimmy fan and a guitar fan there is lots to offer there.

I like what I see from the site.

I like the articles all being a little different, and branching out in different aspects of Led Zeppelin. I will be keeping my eye on the site.

Keep up the good work. :D

Greeting fellow Zep heads. I just wanted to let everyone know about my new Led Zeppelin fansite - http://www.LedZeppelinGuitar.com. I launched the site in January 2011 and I'm adding lots of new content. I'm a guitar player and my goal is to dive deep into the amazing styles/ techniques that make Jimmy Page the greatest guitarist on earth. I'm planning to add video lessons and discuss the technical aspects of Page's guitars, effects, and amps.

The goal above seems specific, measurable and achieveable. If I may provide some feedback, it's somewhat off-putting to hit the home page and read "it was a huge mistake for Jimmy Page and Robert Plant not to include John Paul Jones to join them for the Page/ Plant tours in the nineties" and then see a screen full of Michael Lee features. In the first instance, that's an opinion that arguably doesn't hold up under the least bit of scrutiny, while in the second Lee has little to do whatsoever with the goals established for the site. Just my two cents.

At the risk of being perceived as busting your balls, I want to mention the wikipedia bio at ledzeppelinguitar.com is grossly inaccurate with regards to the origins of Jimmy's career in music. Jimmy was already involved in recording and touring long before he became a session player in 1962. His stint with Neil Christian and The Crusaders as well as accompanying poet Royston Ellis on acoustic guitar are probably the two most well known examples of his pre-session activities.

http://ledzeppelinguitar.com/jimmy-page-bio.html

it's somewhat off-putting to hit the home page and read "it was a huge mistake for Jimmy Page and Robert Plant not to include John Paul Jones to join them for the Page/ Plant tours in the nineties" and then see a screen full of Michael Lee features.

Agreed, gotta handle zep info and 'opinions' with care lzguitardotcom, will check it out though.

The goal above seems specific, measurable and achieveable. If I may provide some feedback, it's somewhat off-putting to hit the home page and read "it was a huge mistake for Jimmy Page and Robert Plant not to include John Paul Jones to join them for the Page/ Plant tours in the nineties" and then see a screen full of Michael Lee features. In the first instance, that's an opinion that arguably doesn't hold up under the least bit of scrutiny, while in the second Lee has little to do whatsoever with the goals established for the site. Just my two cents.

I appreciate your feedback. I'm kind of new with regard to the whole blog thing... I just write what I feel. I see your point that articles should be more objective. The site is only going to get better. I'm working with a few of my pals (a guitarist and drummer). They're both great musicians. We're going to post instructional videos. For example my drummer friend is going to explain John Bonham's drum kit set up and go over some of his techniques. We will also feature drum lessons "When the Levee Breaks" and "Rock and Roll", etc... The videos will be posted soon. Again, thanks for your two cents... I really appreciate it.

Also, the unledded tour was not 'zep on ice', it was a neat approach at the songs. Very musically inclined. The music was amazing.

I agree the "Unledded" tour was amazing but the "Walking into Clarksdale" tour was classic Led Zeppelin. The 1998 tour didn't have the egyptian orchestra or all the back up vocalists. It was raw. That's why I refer to the '94 tour as 'Led Zeppelin on Ice'. It's not an insult... I preferred the classic "1973" Led Zeppelin show (which the 98 shows reminded me of) . No bells or whistles or just two and a half hours of mind blowing rock.

Archived