We're Gonna Groove

MINI_Zoso

On the CODA CD (album too?) version of "We're Gonna Groove" am I hearing a motorcycle revving in the back ground? I might not have taken notice to this had I not had this same sounding ring tone on my phone. When this tune is playing I almost always think I am getting a call, I use it for one of my contacts. If any of you have an iPhone with the motorcycle revving ring tone, take a listen, then tell me I'm not crazy!

I've done some searching on this one with no luck. Anyone know the scoop on this? My guess is it's Bonzo's bike.

I could be the sound of the guitar, but every listen I am more convinced it is a motorcycle.

You are right about the phone ringing in The Ocean. Just over a minute and a half into it. You might also hear John Bonham's bass drum pedal squeaking. Way back in the day of cassette players I always assumed I heard the player or cassette squeaking, not his pedal. Seems to me there is an airplane on another track.

I still want to know about that confounded motorcycle though!!

Ahh, it was just there by accident. They left it in.

Alot of chit chat and other odd noises are in Zep songs, like IMTOD and Friends.

They left it in...the motorcycle? It is the only one I have not been able to confirm somehow.

Methinks it's just the sound of the guitar, no?

Speaking of phones, there's definitely a phone ringing (or a door bell) during The Ocean, studio version. Anybody has an anecdote about it?

Could be the pizza delivery boy, I hear they liked a pizza this and a pizza that. :lol:

Retards, Danny

On the CODA CD (album too?) version of "We're Gonna Groove" am I hearing a motorcycle revving in the back ground? I might not have taken notice to this had I not had this same sounding ring tone on my phone. When this tune is playing I almost always think I am getting a call, I use it for one of my contacts. If any of you have an iPhone with the motorcycle revving ring tone, take a listen, then tell me I'm not crazy!

I've done some searching on this one with no luck. Anyone know the scoop on this? My guess is it's Bonzo's bike.

I say ease up on the Cocaine a little and you will probably not hear any motorcycle(s) revving on "We're Gonna Groove".

I AM JUST KIDDING!!!

I think what you are mistaking for a revving motorcycle is some kind of device that Jimmy Page is using called a Sub-Octivider. I am not a musician and really do not know what a Sub-Octivider is (I admit), however, I do know that this thing is mentioned (in the CODA credits) and used by Jimmy Page on "We're Gonna Groove" and "Ozone Baby". If I were to guess, I would relate it to some kind of foot pedal or possibly a mechanism plugged directly into Jimmy's Les Paul. If this helps a little, I suggest looking a bit further and posting what you find. I would be eager to find out what you discover.

By the way, there are times when I feel a vibrating in my pocket and reach down to get my phone and discover that I do not even have my phone on me. There was a time when I used to enjoy certain substances in my past, however, the only substances I now enjoy are completely legal (Budweisers and Marlboros).

Archived