YES

The most influential and ground-breaking progressive rock 'n' roll band in history, legendary rockers and Grammy Award winners YES, will release their first studio album in a decade, "Fly From Here", on July 1 in Europe and July 12 in North America through Frontiers Records. The group's long-awaited 20th studio LP is the follow up to 2001's "Magnification" and marks the band's reunion with producer Trevor Horn, who helmed YES' chart-topping 1983 album "90125" and also sang for YES on the "Drama" LP in 1980.

YES is Benoit David on vocals (his first studio recording with YES), Steve Howe on guitars/vocals, founder Chris Squire on bass/vocals, Geoff Downes on keyboards and Alan White on drums. Roger Dean, creator of a number of YES' most memorable album covers, also returns with his signature style for "Fly From Here".

• 1 month later...

No disrespect to Mr. Squire, but I just can't do it. There's a lot of bands that could get away with replacing their lead singer, but this ain't one of them. Without Wakeman it's a toss-up. Without both, it's a no-brainer.

I've followed Yes since about 77 and will continue to do so.. I'd rather Jon was there ... and Rick Wakeman is probably the most talented musician I've ever seen play. But Geoff Downes is also excellent. Wakeman has also left the band at least 5 or 6 times so whatever...

I agree Jon is the voice of Yes, but the last few albums weren't all that great largely because of Jon's lyrics... I feel kind of bad for him, but he fired plenty of fine musicians from Yes over the years... Tony Kaye for one.

I read somewhere (here probably or Blabbermouth) that Wakeman, Anderson and Trevor Rabin are planning something together .. that would be huge...

Archived