Wendy query

eddie77

Any opinions on this?:

Led Zeppelin - Royal Albert Hall 1970 (2CD Wx OBI Strip) Royal Albert Hall, London, UK, 9th January 1970.

(SBD) Wendy. WECD-111/112

Many thanks

Yeah............Wendy, another (Japanese) rip off bootleg label............You can get any of their releases for free, you just need to know where to look.............As for the title.... it's one of many versions of the nights concert, all of a similar quality and most likely the same source..................As you probably already know part of said gig is available on the official "DVD". But whatever...Don't pay money for bootlegs there is absolutely no need................

The Wendy release is I believe very similar to EV's post DVD release of the show, the DVD soundtrack(plus a couple of mins of multitrack HB) with the old SB and video audio used to cover the gaps.

I'd tend to agree on the lecture aswell, I'm sure everyone is well aware you get DL this stuff on the net if you want to so people really don't need to be warned of the "evils of bootlegs". I'm happy everyone has the chance to hear this stuff for free but I can do without the preachy sense of entitlement that often seems to go along with it.

Cant speak for that specific one but I have a few Wendy releases that are the best versions I can find of the shows (I think they are Japan 71 and/or 72).

As for the download "lecture" I think you should come to expect this especially if you are new to the forum. Not too many are actually in the know when it comes to bootleg sites and so may only know how to get shows buy purchasing them. I feel very responsible to inform everyone that every show is available for free on the internet as I know its the reason I have experienced so many Zeppelin performances. If I had to actually buy them I would only have a few if any.

So anytime someone asks about purchasing bootlegs on this forum they will most always be reminded they can download these shows for free. If they do not want to be reminded of this they should mention ahead of time they are aware or not be offended when they are reminded.

Cant speak for that specific one but I have a few Wendy releases that are the best versions I can find of the shows (I think they are Japan 71 and/or 72).

As for the download "lecture" I think you should come to expect this especially if you are new to the forum. Not too many are actually in the know when it comes to bootleg sites and so may only know how to get shows buy purchasing them. I feel very responsible to inform everyone that every show is available for free on the internet as I know its the reason I have experienced so many Zeppelin performances. If I had to actually buy them I would only have a few if any.

So anytime someone asks about purchasing bootlegs on this forum they will most always be reminded they can download these shows for free. If they do not want to be reminded of this they should mention ahead of time they are aware or not be offended when they are reminded.

Wendy's Fatally Wanderer version of the 29/9/71 show I think you mean? their version of the 28th is I believe one of the best aswell.

I havent heard there version of the RAH show but I'm guessing its very similar to the EV release since Bootledz doesnt bother mentioning any difference, maybe equalized slightly differently?

If its a general question maybe but if someone is asking something about a specific boot title compaired to others I think you can be 99% sure that they know this stuff can be DLed. I'd add that alot of the stuff out there wouldnt be if it werent for certain people buying boots aswell.

Most of us know here, where to find these shows for free, being that this is the "Official" Led Zeppelin web site, it is taboo here to give out information :guns: where you can find these shows for free or purchase bootlegs. :dont: I certainly know where to find them and it's only the free versions I would even consider looking for. :thumbsup:

Archived