I have a mint Led Zeppelin Test Pressing

johnny vicious

One of my friends gave me his whole record collection, he was a hooked in with the record companies back in the 70's..

Still in the original plastic sleeve and record jacket, no fingerprints , Record engravings on the vinyl says ST SS 763683 F on one side and ST SS 763684 F on the other, was wondering if anyone knew how much this would be worth to a collector. I think it is one of the two records of Song Remains the Same LP. I have been looking for the second vinyl but no luck yet.

I collect 12" dance test pressings and promos but this is something that I have no idea about. I Love Zep, not sure if I want to part with it !!!

Any advise from the pro's on here would be appreciated!! I attached a couple pics too

Johnny

post-18158-0-57399500-1316146793_thumb.j

post-18158-0-83614600-1316146803_thumb.j

post-18158-0-77674100-1316146812_thumb.j

this is a US test pressing from 1976, of course

interesting for collectors only

about 50$ I guess (but someone will demand more, of course)

for more led zeppelin records to see: www.vjez.com/zeppelin

for a visual "history" of presswell promo this is from genesis collector http://www.genesismuseum.com/vinyl/testpress.htm

I'll give you $38.37 [American] and a like-new cd of AC~DC's If You Want Blood You Got It/I'm poor so that's the best I can do--but I really want it

Thanks SharPei I appreciate your offer but I am going to hold on to it, it's a "master" piece of history thst was put to vinyl and I have one of the first pressings of the millions of records ever pressed. To me it is worth a lot because I grew up listening to these amaizing musicians who made this record. I am sure many people will agree with me that if they owned it they may never want to part with it!!

Haha I don't know about trying to get very rich from a test pressing .. I just know that a serious collector will understand the value and pay to have this record. I had a great offer on it, but didnt take it because I didnt want to sell it at the time. I started the biding at the average of the emails that I received on Ebay after I listed it at 100k. Listing it at 100k got people to message me yes they told me I was crazy!!! LOL but they also told me what they think its worth and what they would pay for it. So from the messages I put the starting bid at the average. Thanks for your comments. THERE IS A METHOD TO MY MADNESS!!

Insanity is a creative persons reality. It may be shocking at first to others, but people learn to adapt to it over time.

Johnny Vicious

0.jpg

Archived