Robert Plant, Band of Joy song in "Boss" TV Series

Driver8

There's a new TV show with Kelsey Grammer (you might remember him as doctor Frasier Crane) it's called "The Boss".

"The series follows Tom Kane, the mayor of Chicago, who has recently been diagnosed with a degenerative neurological disorder. Determined to remain in charge, Kane conceals the disease from everyone around him except his own physician" (imdb.com)

The reason I'm mentioning this, is because a song by Robert Plant and the Band of Joy is being used as the main theme song of the Series.

"Satan, your Kingdom must Come Down"

It's track #11 from the 2010 album by the Band of Joy.

Here's Robert Plant performing the song in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DTrP7j1_zw

This is a traditional, folk song that has also been interpreted by the American band Uncle Tupelo.

There's a new TV show with Kelsey Grammer (you might remember him as doctor Frasier Crane) it's called "The Boss".

"The series follows Tom Kane, the mayor of Chicago, who has recently been diagnosed with a degenerative neurological disorder. Determined to remain in charge, Kane conceals the disease from everyone around him except his own physician" (imdb.com)

The reason I'm mentioning this, is because a song by Robert Plant and the Band of Joy is being used as the main theme song of the Series.

"Satan, your Kingdom must Come Down"

It's track #11 from the 2010 album by the Band of Joy.

Here's Robert Plant performing the song in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DTrP7j1_zw

This is a traditional, folk song that has also been interpreted by the American band Uncle Tupelo.

Driver8, great post dude!

This guys voice gives me the goosebumps.....so much emotion and passion in his performance!

That's what I'm talkin about...deliverance is everything.

Edited by Rock Historian

That's interesting that the BOJ song is being used as the main theme for this show. What network will or is this show on?

It's on Starz. I'm planning on checking it out on OnDemand as soon as I finish watching Homeland.

This guys voice gives me the goosebumps.....so much emotion and passion in his performance!

That's what I'm talkin about...deliverance is everything.

Historian, thank you, I think this song, and the album in general, created an exquisite blend of American and English folk music.

More on the series, here's Kelsey Grammer discussing Robert Plant, reportedly the two are very close friends:

“We sat down after one of his shows and I started saying I’m doing this new show Robert and I’d love to use something from his latest album, you know, the “Band of Joy” album, that he put that together. I mean, it’s just terrific and I just think – and he looked at me and said well, you know, how about taking Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down? And I was like yes, okay, that’s pretty good". (http://xfinity.comca...-politics-boss/)

230px-Bossposter.jpg