Live from the BBC vault Led Zeppelin 1971

ledzepfvr

Relive Led Zeppelin live from the Paris Theatre in London, recorded April 1, 1971, as Classic Vinyl celebrates the anniversary of Led Zeppelin’s eponymous debut album from January, 1969. Go back in time and hear “Communication Breakdown,” “Dazed And Confused,” “Stairway To Heaven,” “Whole Lotta Love” and more. (1 hr)

1/18 12 pm ET

1/20 6 pm ET

1/21 9 am ET

This is a magical show that was my first introduction to live Led Zeppelin. I have an un-edited version with the complete medley from Whole Lotta Love,the false start to Thats the Way and all of the Plantations before,during and after this show. Its a classic with an intimate yet energetic atmosphere.

It would be great to see an official full length 5:1 release of this show.

Sadly, no photos from this show are known to exist....to my knowledge anyway.

This is a magical show that was my first introduction to live Led Zeppelin. I have an un-edited version with the complete medley from Whole Lotta Love,the false start to Thats the Way and all of the Plantations before,during and after this show. Its a classic with an intimate yet energetic atmosphere.

It would be great to see an official full length 5:1 release of this show.

Sadly, no photos from this show are known to exist....to my knowledge anyway.

A great performance and from a performance perspective, what I consider to be the band's best live year ! My only bitch being that the drums, as with so many of the Brit bootlegs and for that matter, even with the HTWWW recording, are so flattened out !. IMHO and no matter what the recording excuse may be, just not a true Zep live experience without Bonham's drums up front and centre.

Hard to say. All that stuff was so heavily bootlegged back in the 80's, under so many titles, there's no way to know. I've got an LP of it attributed to "The New Yardbirds." I know it's on the Empress Valley 3-disc Compleat BBC Sessions set that came out several years ago.

Is this the show that made up the boot "BBC Zep"? Or was that from earlier BBC shows?

This was released in 1997 legally but this BBC session seems to go by several names as bootlegs. Someone was asking about this same show a few threads back, Early Jitters.

I missed todays broadcast as I am at work and do not have my xm radio there. But I talked to the hubby on how to hook it up to my work radio and listen on my break on Friday. Hopefully I can get that done, otherwise I will wake up a 6 am Sat to give a listen

I finally got to give a listen to the show. Took my XM receiver to work and hooked it up and listened. It was nice listening to my favorite music all day without the usual fm commercials. 3:00 rolled around and turned it up slightly and made sure my work mates were ok with the volume. Got a couple of odd looks when some of the sounds came off sounding like whale calls across the office.LOL

Good show and wish is was longer that just the hour. The more in the listing was What is and what should never be and Going to California.

Archived