New Jack Bruce Documentary

kenog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes

BBC2 Scotland Monday, 13 February, 2012 2100hrs

This is only shown in Scotland, but I am sure someone will put it up on YouTube at some point.

Jack Bruce: The Man Behind the Bass

Duration: 1 hour

Jack Bruce fronted the Sixties supergroup Cream alongside Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, and has played with everyone from Marvin Gaye to Jimi Hendrix and from Lulu to Lou Reed. ArtWorks Scotland tells the story of his life, from childhood in Scotland to global superstardom, through some of Jack's favourite songs and with contributions from Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Flea of Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Adam Clayton of U2.

The story encompasses some of the biggest riffs and rifts in rock, taking in family tragedy, drugs and near death. A specially chosen set of six songs mark crucial moments in Jack's life, including Cream's Sunshine of Your Love. Jack rerecorded the tracks with some of Scotland's finest musicians including folk trio Lau, percussionist Jim Sutherland, keyboard player Andy May, guitarist Taj Wyzgowski, drummer Chris Peacock, his nephew Nico Bruce on bass and string ensemble Mr McFall's Chamber

NEWSFLASH!!!! New Documentary Exposes Jack Bruce as an ASSHOLE!!! The fact of the matter is if this guy was not a huge talent, he would have wound up that creepy uncle no one invites to family functions due to fear of him ruining Christmas.

He may be a great bass player, but he is a even greater DICK!

NEWSFLASH!!!! New Documentary Exposes Jack Bruce as an ASSHOLE!!! The fact of the matter is if this guy was not a huge talent, he would have wound up that creepy uncle no one invites to family functions due to fear of him ruining Christmas.

He may be a great bass player, but he is a even greater DICK!

I can appreciate that you are not too keen on Jack Bruce - many members here are not. However, you have not yet seen the documentary - how can you judge the programme? I do not care for the man for a number of reasons, one of which is his sniping at LZ, but I posted the details of this programme for those who like him and would want to see an up to date interview.

Archived