Video Clips removed from You Tube

Its shameful that the powers that be have removed the footage of the O2 gig from Youtube.

Millions of people didn't get the chance to see the gig despite their best efforts, and to remove mainly low quality (in comparison) video footage just seems petty to me. Anyone who bothers to go and watch them on Youtube or wherever are gonna buy any DVD of the gig as soon as it's available, so leaving them there wouldn't effect sales. I just hope people keep reposting them.

Even Peter Grant wouldn't have been able to confiscate all those mobile phones and beat that many people up :D

Ho brother. Now I know, Peter Grant really is back.

Check this story.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003684579

It appears that :

''Although Warner Music Group does have a licensing deal in place with YouTube that would allow fans to post WMG-copyrighted material, sources close to the situation say that Led Zeppelin owns the rights to the concert, and that the band's management requested the removal of any clips of the event.''

I don't know any manager of Led Zeppelin other than Him. I tell you. Peter Grant is coming back to set the record industry strait and he is ready to kick some serious a...

Its shameful that the powers that be have removed the footage of the O2 gig from Youtube.

Millions of people didn't get the chance to see the gig despite their best efforts, and to remove mainly low quality (in comparison) video footage just seems petty to me.

But don't you think that if you were the band, had put so much effort into rehearsals, and originally writing the songs, you would want them to be heard at the highest possible quality? Not those shitty bootlegs. Economics doesn't even come into it, it's their art and those bootlegs sound like shit.....

But don't you think that if you were the band, had put so much effort into rehearsals, and originally writing the songs, you would want them to be heard at the highest possible quality? Not those shitty bootlegs. Economics doesn't even come into it, it's their art and those bootlegs sound like shit.....

Well said!

Actually, I didn't get a chance to see every vid on YouTube but I saw some of them and I'm totally impressed and excited. Those few excerts are enough for me to sense climate of this gig :) As all of you I'm looking forward to getting DVD with this concert. I hope they are able to release it at the beginning of next year. I can't wait any month longer. DVD is only way to see Zeppelin playing life together 'couse they will never come to my country (if they start a tour, of course). I know it for sure. Well, Plant & Page have played few gigs here (even for free!) but I was too young then.

:(:(:( So saaad...

Archived