Obama care passes. Any opinions? Lawyers reading it over

LedZeppfan77

Then you won't be offended when I am explicit in response.

Fuck off.

Oh, the irony of liberals who preach tolerance while berating those who don't share their beliefs as intolerant.

Well heres your insult that you somehow forgot about afterwards and ironically considered "liberal" more offencive.

It seems perfectly logical for someone who preaches tolerance to put themselves into opposition with those who they believe to be intolerant but really I don't see this as being the main issure here. Rather I'd say that its those who preach decent healthcare as a right are setting themselves in opposition to whose who do not and seem to be basing that position on highly ignorant(delibaretly so in the case of politicans and media) views.

Yeah, I was a child of the 70s, used drugs, partied hard.

But then I grew up and got a job and had to start paying taxes.

And I began giving a damn where and on what my tax money was being spent on.

To paraphrase a common quotation, Anyone who isn't liberal at 20 has no heart. Anyone who isn't conservative at 40 has no brain.

Most of all, GeorgeC, I don't seek out like-minded philosophies to validate my opinions, nor do I wish opposing opinions to go away.

I seek out differing opinions in order to expand my understanding.

But that's just me.

This really does not come though to me at all in your posting on subjects like these, you views seem to be pretty much indential to those trumpted by the right(who would be considered close to the far right in many devolped nations) and seem to show a high level of ignorance about the realities of universal healthcare in other nations.

Well heres your insult that you somehow forgot about afterwards and ironically considered "liberal" more offencive.

1 - It never ceases to amaze me how often people misconstrue comments on forums where the comments are right there in print to re-read.

He didn't say "insult", he said "base name-calling".

2 - Same goes with sarcasm.

I often make my sarcasm extra heavy-handed to make sure people recognize the intent, as subtlety is sometimes lost without the voice inflections of the spoken word.

And still you take my comment about being called "liberal" literally.

As for the rest, it's Monday morning at my job, and I'll have to respond later to address the rest of your comments.

Here's a tip regarding your perception of me as being right-wing: again, re-read my comment. It's all there about being young and idealistic and then growing into a different viewpoint.

All ya gotta do is read my entire comment.

Based on many of the responses I get I can't help but believe a lot of people, the moment they read something I said that they disagree with, immediately stop reading any further and hit REPLY.

Personally, I re-read other people's comments a few times in order to make sure I understand the gist of their message as best I can.

Of course, I also PREVIEW POST many times when I reply to make sure I'm being as clear and concise as possible.

But that's just me.

He's on record as stating his first day on the job he'll take action to repeal this plan which is all that matters. Perhaps moderate, lawful reforms follow, as opposed to another draconian, unconstitutional master plan equating to the biggest tax increase in human history.

If every President did in his four/eight years in office half the stuff he promised to do on day one this would be a utopia. Plus it takes more than just saying repeal. He has to get it through the house and a senate that is right now majority left wingers who won't vote for repeal. I hope this bill gets repealed but they always try to make it sound like they are the miracle cure and not like it's a long process that involves a lot of other people.

I don’t buy into all the hype of “repealing” O-care. Ain’t gonna happen. When was the last time any government entitlement law was ever repealed? Expecting Congress to repeal it is like expecting them to repeal Social Security or Medicare. We’re stuck with it, all because a SC Justice was more concerned about public opinion than he was about the Constitution.

This is totally true. Nothing ever gets repealed. Honestly I think they all (or at least most) want this. It will make them unpopular so they will oppose it but at the end of the day it's more power for the government and less for the people and that is ultimately what they want. They don't spend their lives pursing a position of power to take it away from themselves.

I don’t buy into all the hype of “repealing” O-care. Ain’t gonna happen. When was the last time any government entitlement law was ever repealed? Expecting Congress to repeal it is like expecting them to repeal Social Security or Medicare. We’re stuck with it, all because a SC Justice was more concerned about public opinion than he was about the Constitution.

SS and Medicare were passed on a bipartisan basis with more support from the electorate than there was, and is, for Obamacare. This is different.

It seems perfectly logical for someone who preaches tolerance to put themselves into opposition with those who they believe to be intolerant but really I don't see this as being the main issure here. Rather I'd say that its those who preach decent healthcare as a right are setting themselves in opposition to whose who do not and seem to be basing that position on highly ignorant(delibaretly so in the case of politicans and media) views.

This really does not come though to me at all in your posting on subjects like these, you views seem to be pretty much indential to those trumpted by the right(who would be considered close to the far right in many devolped nations) and seem to show a high level of ignorance about the realities of universal healthcare in other nations.

It's not that I'm ignorant about the "realities of universal healthcare in other nations" - it isn't relative to the United States.

Much like how Romney's plan for Massachusetts was desired in Massachusetts and voted in with an overwhelming majority.

What works for a single state isn't necessarily what should be done for the entire nation.

What a lot of residents of other countries - like you - are ignorant of is how our states' rights take precedence.

The post below addresses this specifically, and is one of the most astute observations in this entire thread.

Their HC system may be working for them but newsflash: the USA is not Europe. It's not even an apples to oranges comparison. We have a system of dual sovereignty (federalism) that limits the central government's control of state policies. All European governments operate from systems of centralized control where one size fits all. They can accomplish this because they have a more homogenous and distinct people in each country compared with the diversity we have in America.

Where Greece is overwhelmingly populated by Greeks, Italy by Italians, etc., it's much easier for these countries to reach a consensus because of that lack of diversity in their ethnicity.

That's why this should be handled so much differently in our country.

Preferably on a state by state basis.

Archived