Andy Griffith dies at 86

DAS

This is sad news. I still like the Andy Griffith show to this day after having watched it my whole life. He was also a musician to add to the long list of those who have passed on this year.

Been whistling that tune ever since hearing the news of Andy Griffith's death. But as much as I liked the tv show, the most memorable Andy Griffith role to me was Lonesome Rhoades in the great and prescient 1957 movie "A Face in the Crowd":

RIP Andy.

^^^ Strider, thanks for posting. A great, great movie. I saw A Face in the Crowd for the first time about 3 years ago on cable and immediately got it on dvd. I had no idea about this outstanding movie and Andy's acting is beyond stellar.

I am truly saddened by the loss of Andy Griffith. He helped make my youth memorable watching the simple, yet funny and touching moments of that mythical town, Mayberry. Also, thought he did a great job as Matlock too. Here's an episode I pulled off you/tube unedited, called "The Manhunt." Note, back then shows ran almost 26 minutes per half hour! This DVD series runs second as my fave old time comedy, second only to the Queen of comedy, Lucille Ball. Anyhow, hope some of you will watch and reminisce............ :) missy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUE2Q4Pzp18&feature=relmfu

R.I.P. Andy Griffith......

All I can say is thanks so much for the entertainment you provided to me and many other people over the years Andy. Allthough my favorite is still "The Andy Griffith Show" your other work was pretty solid as well. Even that obscure show Salvage 1 :] (Never got into Matlock, but its still a popular show for many people)

Job well done! :]

This is sad news. I still like the Andy Griffith show to this day after having watched it my whole life. He was also a musician to add to the long list of those who have passed on this year.

Remember the Darlin's? They were the hillbilly family that played songs with Andy on some episodes. In real life they were the Dillards, an influential bluegrass band that worked with members of The Byrds and Eagles. Doug Dillard just passed away, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope everyone caught the Andy Griffith movie marathon TCM ran last week. I hadn't seen "No Time for Sergeants" in years...decades even.

I'm not so sure that I've ever seen it at all but I've definitely seen A Face In the Crowd thanks to AMC. I haven't had cable in a couple of years but when I did I noticed how downhill AMC has gone in recent years by trying to reach a larger audience. In other words, they don't show as many (if any) old black & white films like they used to.

Archived