Zeppelin Riffs within a Riff

McSeven

What inner riffs do you like within a Zeppelin song?

I like the The second riff in Kashmir before Robert sings All I see turns to brown.

I like after the organ break down the riff in WTLevee B when Robert Sings Don't it make you feel bad.

I like the Heartbreaker Riff after the solo when they speed up.

I like When IMTO dying when they speed up.

I have many, but the one that comes to mind this minute is the third(?) verse inside Candy Store Rock. Page's guitar part over and over and over between 1:24 and 1:53 starts a catchy groove for some reason. Caught me off guard the other day since I never listen to that one.

Edited to add: Wow, I meant Hots on for Nowhere above... not Candy Store Rock.

Thought the same still applies, Candy Story Rock has a balls out solo from the same 1:24 to 1:53.

Sick again ... those are three or four riffs inside one Huge RIFF ... i love the second one the best, you can catch it between 00:18 and 00:23 .... i involuntarily rock when it plays .... one of the main reasons i loved zeppelin for and one of the main things i learned the guitar to play ... Sick Again.

tazuike88. I see what you mean about the multi riffs on Sick Again. I am surprised that nonones tried to take those riffs and turn them into something. Like the ending of The Ocean is the begining of Fool in the rain.

The last 30 ish seconds of the rover (especially the last few bars before it fades out completely).. Crazy.

Also, the riff right after the guitar solo in dazed and confused. Here's me trying to explain that part by personifying the guitar riff: "Hey i know the solo just blew your ears out but it's ok, just calm down you're back to the main song" when out of nowhere youre struck by this barrage of thunderlike drumming by bonham. Don't know how else to explain it but its awesome.

McSeven ... i think that Sick again is one of three zeppelin songs that were able to identify the band and show what zeppelin was all about, the other two being Custard Pie and the rover ... for me those three songs should get more fame than stairway to heaven and black dog and Kashmir .... they all have the power riffs from page, Solid backbeat from bonzo, rampaging bass lines from Jonesy, and an epic vocal performances from the plant ... you may disagree with me, but those three are really in my Top five, and they deserve more attention. another magnificent riff is the intro riff of 4 ur life ... it's so amazing how Dynamic and alive a three chord riff can sound ... Of course the whole song is another epic, and it obviously deserves more attention, not to talk about its solo, especially the part where he dives with the trem arm, near its end, i always feel like kicking the chair into the wall and rip my clothes off every time it comes :D Led Zeppelin are the ONLY band that can make a Snort Sound Goooood.

Archived