Was feedback removed from the dvd cd celebration disc and cd ?

We did some market research into this thread and got some amazing feedback from respondents concerning the subject of feedback, font size and feedback on the font size. The feedback on the feedback indicates that feedback is not an issue which is of much concern to most respondents, whereas feedback on the font size was of no concern at all to anybody.

In summary, our research suggests that the issue of feedback is grossly over-amplified (our little pun there ho ho yes market researchers do have a sense of humour on Tuesdays only). Initial feedback on this post is indicating positive scores in the high 80s and low 90s percentiles, which leads us to conclude that feedback is a transient issue usually deleted by the awesome power of Page. Q.E.D.

Eye thank Ewe.

To capitalize on the frenzy surrounding its release, there will be a "feedback" version and a "non feedback" version.

I plan on purchasing both.

Jimmy is quite the shrewd marketing musician.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Jimmy Page had the multitracks recorded to a separate backup source completely separate from what the monitors were outputting.

I find that funny (not you personnally but that explanation, which I read somewhere else too). Feedback will have been recorded in the backup source also for the simple reason that it had to occur through Robert's microphone. Unless, unless, Robert had more than one microphone (a small hands-free microphone and a hand microphone but I don't know if that was the case) to have more than one sound-source. Then it's possible that one of the microphone would not feed back and would be clean...

Just wanted to know if the annoying feedback problems from microphones at the begining of the concert were removed in the editing and production ? Somebody please tell me they did thanks.

led zep maniack, thank you for asking that question. It's something that I wondered from the get go.

What ashame that the mixer got it wrong at the concert. How much fuc*ing advance practice time, does it take to get that right, for a professional ? ?

led zep maniack, thank you for asking that question. It's something that I wondered from the get go.

What ashame that the mixer got it wrong at the concert. How much fuc*ing advance practice time, does it take to get that right, for a professional ? ?

The fact of the matter is that mixing is not an exact science.

I know a little about sound so in defense of the sound tech(s), remember, the band (and any band for that matter) would have done sound check when the auditorium was empty. Once the entire audience is in the hall, although it helps immensely, it also causes the need for tweaking the board. And some slack should be given to the techies because this was a one-off gig. Yeah, maybe they had rehearsals at Shepperton or where ever but that would have been a different space all together and not a true indicator of what to expect at the O2 gig. I have seen bits and pieces of this show on youtube and the trailor, and I think the sound crew must have done a brilliant job. Hey at least with feedback we know they were plugged in and weren;t lip-synching lol........

I know a little about sound so in defense of the sound tech(s), remember, the band (and any band for that matter) would have done sound check when the auditorium was empty. Once the entire audience is in the hall, although it helps immensely, it also causes the need for tweaking the board. And some slack should be given to the techies because this was a one-off gig. Yeah, maybe they had rehearsals at Shepperton or where ever but that would have been a different space all together and not a true indicator of what to expect at the O2 gig. I have seen bits and pieces of this show on youtube and the trailor, and I think the sound crew must have done a brilliant job. Hey at least with feedback we know they were plugged in and weren;t lip-synching lol........

Maybe it was canned feedback? :lol:

Archived