The Ryder Cup 2012

chillumpuffer

I do. I have just had a good knock this morning. Play off 14. Last year played in Portugal and it was stunning. Our local course is very tough but enjoyable. What do other fans play off? Looks a cracker there CJW? But doesn't look like links courses we get in the UK that's for sure

My lower back is finished so I can't play golf anymore. Used to play a fair bit at one time but it became too expensive here for me to play on any kind of regular basis. Still, I loved it when I did . Great game

My lower back is finished so I can't play golf anymore. Used to play a fair bit at one time but it became too expensive here for me to play on any kind of regular basis. Still, I loved it when I did . Great game

Such a shame Ally. Backs seem to be a problem for the golfer. I don't suffer myself but have strained the odd muscle from time to time but the worst was "Golfers Elbow" Jeez that was bad. Couldn't play for a few weeks. We have our last Major on Sunday and I'm hitting the ball well and putting is outstanding. But the nerves will creep in before I tee off at 12.00. I always say to myself a good drive on the first and a par to follow sets you up nicely for the next 17. I reckon an 82 will win it and that's my aim for this weekend. :)

Such a shame Ally. Backs seem to be a problem for the golfer. I don't suffer myself but have strained the odd muscle from time to time but the worst was "Golfers Elbow" Jeez that was bad. Couldn't play for a few weeks. We have our last Major on Sunday and I'm hitting the ball well and putting is outstanding. But the nerves will creep in before I tee off at 12.00. I always say to myself a good drive on the first and a par to follow sets you up nicely for the next 17. I reckon an 82 will win it and that's my aim for this weekend. :)

Good luck to you sir :beer:

Those a beautiful courses, gentlemen! I used to play often, but now not very often at all....kid, time and money are all contributors to me lack of play these past few years. Living in the professional golf captital (Central Florida), having a brother-in-law who is a professional golf instructor and a father-in-law who was a long time pro (now basically retired) makes one take it for granted that golf is always around. I should get out and play more, but I always tell myself that and never seem to go and do it. This winter would be a great time to pick up the clubs again and hit the links! We shall see.....:)

Good luck this weekend, 'puffer!

:beer:

Those a beautiful courses, gentlemen! I used to play often, but now not very often at all....kid, time and money are all contributors to me lack of play these past few years. Living in the professional golf captital (Central Florida), having a brother-in-law who is a professional golf instructor and a father-in-law who was a long time pro (now basically retired) makes one take it for granted that golf is always around. I should get out and play more, but I always tell myself that and never seem to go and do it. This winter would be a great time to pick up the clubs again and hit the links! We shall see..... :)

Good luck this weekend, 'puffer!

:beer:

Thanks Walter. Funny how many times I have heard that. " I should get out and play more...." Mrs CP also plays and she hits a very straight ball. Very frustrating when I am in the trees !! It's such a relaxing sport that it is well suited to the chilled amongst us. Now that winter approaches and the course becomes very wet, I always think it's time to try out a few things for next year. As you can see from our clubs website there are quite a few holes where it can go horribly wrong - and often does :D . As long as I keep my head down and eyes on the ball I could be in with a sniff ;)

Thanks Walter. Funny how many times I have heard that. " I should get out and play more...." Mrs CP also plays and she hits a very straight ball. Very frustrating when I am in the trees !! It's such a relaxing sport that it is well suited to the chilled amongst us. Now that winter approaches and the course becomes very wet, I always think it's time to try out a few things for next year. As you can see from our clubs website there are quite a few holes where it can go horribly wrong - and often does :D . As long as I keep my head down and eyes on the ball I could be in with a sniff ;)

I really do miss playing. Even on those "Wack Feck" days, a guy was always in with a chance on KP's and Skins. Couple of pints afterwards....great way to spend the day :)

Well it wasn't to be folks. The game can really make you feel foolish. Beautiful weather not a breeze to be had and clear blue sky. Course was a bit wet in places due to the rain over the last few days.

Started well with a par at the first always a good feeling. 2nd a great drive on the long par 5 but it was in the rough and I couldn't get out of it - took an 8. :o Then I found form parring the next 5 until the par 5 8th. The tee was in a very tricky position. We have a reservoir that runs along the whole of the left side of the fairway so I proceeded to snap hook my drive straight out of bounds. Then completely fucked it up. Took a 10. :mad: Then got a birdie 2 on the 9th ( well at least I get a share of the pot for 2's). The back 9 is very tough but I got a couple of pars and finished with a gross 90 net 76. Considering the 2 bad holes on the front 9 I was relatively happy. Not enough to win but my 2 playing partners both had good rounds so all in all a great day :)

Well it wasn't to be folks. The game can really make you feel foolish. Beautiful weather not a breeze to be had and clear blue sky. Course was a bit wet in places due to the rain over the last few days.

Started well with a par at the first always a good feeling. 2nd a great drive on the long par 5 but it was in the rough and I couldn't get out of it - took an 8. :o Then I found form parring the next 5 until the par 5 8th. The tee was in a very tricky position. We have a reservoir that runs along the whole of the left side of the fairway so I proceeded to snap hook my drive straight out of bounds. Then completely fucked it up. Took a 10. :mad: Then got a birdie 2 on the 9th ( well at least I get a share of the pot for 2's). The back 9 is very tough but I got a couple of pars and finished with a gross 90 net 76. Considering the 2 bad holes on the front 9 I was relatively happy. Not enough to win but my 2 playing partners both had good rounds so all in all a great day :)

All things considered, not a bad day at all. Last time I golfed, I was a 14 hndc too. I`ve been as low as a 12 but I didn`t have the time needed to keep or better it

Cheers Ally. I only started playing 3 years ago. Last year was on 24 and I won the club singles knockout. Have had a steady year this season. Won 4 comps so have few prizes to collect in a few weeks. Winter soon so won't be playing much. May have a week in Portugal early next year to being in the new season.