Rush 2112 Deluxe Coming

DavidZoso

MusicTAP reports that Mercury Records plan to release a Super Deluxe CD/BD reissue of Rush's 1976 masterpiece, "2112," on December 18.

Rush sound engineer Richard Chycki confirmed the news Wednesday via Twitter, writing, "Yep, words out. I've been working on the surround remix of #Rush #2112 for months. Queue rear waterfall. #holygrail"

When asked by a fan if he ever thought in his wildest dreams "when you played these albums as a youngin that you'd be doing this?," Chycki replied, "2112 ... the album that got me in to Rush. An amazing full circle really. #Overwhelming."

Edited by DavidZoso

Man, that album brings back some memories. My brother bought that album the day it was released as he was an early Rush fan, he knew after Caress of Steel that the next album would be a masterpiece, after all The Necromancer was one of their best songs and a framework for what 2112 would become. I used to put that album on my brother's Hitatchi system in his darkened bedroom with candle glowing...I would do the same with Wish You Were Here and got adventurous so I put on Meddle, bad idea as when One of these Days came on I just about crapped my pants when the Roger Water's vocal part came in.

Anyway, can't wait for this release!!!

Man, that album brings back some memories. My brother bought that album the day it was released as he was an early Rush fan, he knew after Caress of Steel that the next album would be a masterpiece, after all The Necromancer was one of their best songs and a framework for what 2112 would become. I used to put that album on my brother's Hitatchi system in his darkened bedroom with candle glowing...I would do the same with Wish You Were Here and got adventurous so I put on Meddle, bad idea as when One of these Days came on I just about crapped my pants when the Roger Water's vocal part came in.

Anyway, can't wait for this release!!!

I just bought a cool reproduction Rush: Caress of Steel tour t-shirt with the tour dates 1975-1976 on the back.

• 3 weeks later...

Rush 2112 Deluxe Reissues To Come In Three Configurations

www.hennemusic.com

In time for 21/12 celebrations, Universal Music will release deluxe editions of Rush's landmark album, "2112," that will feature 5.1 surround sound mixes, unreleased live tracks and the first-ever Rush comic book, available globally starting December 18.

There will be 3 configurations of "2112: Deluxe Editions" (CD/DVD and CD/Blu-Ray) and a special "SUPER Deluxe Edition" (CD/Blu-Ray/Hardbound book case).

The deluxe editions contain a CD/DVD or CD/Blu-Ray material including the remastered "2112" CD with 3 live bonus tracks and a DVD or Blu-ray™ disc with a 5.1 surround sound audio mix and an interactive digital comic book, a new album cover by original album designer Hugh Syme, liner notes and unpublished photos.

The super deluxe contains the CD/Blu-Ray and is meticulously assembled in a hardbound bookcase packed with a 40-page comic book representing every song on "2112.

Edited by DavidZoso