Grohl To Drum On New QOTSA Album

Lambeau Leap

Dave Grohl will drum on the new Queens album rumored to be released soon. Pretty excited about this, always preferred Grohl as a drummer as opposed to a singer/frontman of Foos. Grohl drummed on a pervious QOTSA album, Songs For The Death, arguably the bands best album.

I hope this ultimately leads to a full TCV reunion once touring for this release ends. Memories and visions of JPJ and Grohl in a live setting and how powerful and locked in the two of them were along with the rest of the band was just stunning to see live; I was fortunate enough to see TCV live 3 times. :drumz:

http://www.rollingst...-album-20121107

I read a comment recently, where someone described this QOTSA lineup as "Them Crooked Vultures minus John Paul Jones". At the moment I don't remember when or where I read this, but I thought it was very clever commentary. This week it´s also been announced that Grohl will be keynote speaker of South by Southwest 2013 (SXSW) and some speculate that he'll perform at the Kennedy Center ceremony honoring Led Zeppelin, this December. "The Zeppelin guys love Dave", according to this commentator.

TCV was/is a pure collaborative effort. That includes Alain.

Listen to Gunman, Hwy1, Spinning in the Daffodils, Warsaw. Those tracks just ooze of JPJ'ness. Arrangments for Caligulove, Scumbag Blues, Bandoliers- all Jones and thats what made those songs interesting.

I for one cant wait for next TCV record. We know Jones is totally up for it. Its just a matter of 'when'.

Dave Grohl will drum on the new Queens album rumored to be released soon. Pretty excited about this, always preferred Grohl as a drummer as opposed to a singer/frontman of Foos. Grohl drummed on a pervious QOTSA album, Songs For The Death, arguably the bands best album.

I hope this ultimately leads to a full TCV reunion once touring for this release ends. Memories and visions of JPJ and Grohl in a live setting and how powerful and locked in the two of them were along with the rest of the band was just stunning to see live; I was fortunate enough to see TCV live 3 times. :drumz:

http://www.rollingst...-album-20121107

Thank god, Grohl will shut up for once.

• 7 months later...

I have songs for the deaf and crooked vultures, so i was expecting music with heavy structure. Homme is a super talent at making hybrid music. This has a bowie influence, musically sort of a capt beefheart influence with touches of big star guitars. There is a track with a psychedelic guitar, dancin days like. Another track with a disco beat. The record is a trip, not symetric, dont recall song titles, but listen to cd all the way through.

Archived