Celebration Day - Chart performance

Janvier

i believe it sold 191,00 units in first week and 89,000 second. so it moved very little after that. Only very hard core fans purchased. very disappointing because there was a very strong marketing blitz as you recall. The truth is plant/zep fans don,t purchase many cd's anymore. i believe his Mighty Rearranger was a commercial flop also. I think that moved about 250,000 units to date.

Hmm i feel like there was a lack of a marketing blitz. It seems like only the real hardcore zep fans like us knew about it. Idk how it was in the UK or elsewhere, but the marketing here in the states seemed lackluster

The marketing campaign was pretty good. Don't forget, it is a live album.

Lot of promotion via videos on the internet and tv and don't forget the various premieres in NYC, London, Berlin and Tokyo. Lot of people missed out on a great concert. Always time though!

• 3 weeks later...

What people don't realize is physical copies of music just don't sell anymore. The days of albums selling 3 and 4 million copies are long gone, and Billboard doesn't count electronic downloads in their figures. An earlier post called 400,000 of Celebration Day as Led Zep on "the wane", but that's still more copies than the latest offerings from Aerosmith, Van Halen, Kiss, Rush, and Journey. In fact, it would still be more than Journey, Rush, Kiss, and Aerosmith put together. In my book, that's still pretty impressive for a band that broke up 30 years ago and released a live album and not a new studio record.

Archived