Celebration Day - Chart performance

Janvier

Led Zeppelin Has Highest ARIA Debut Of The Week

by Paul Cashmere (@PaulCashmere) on November 25, 2012

Led Zeppelin has claimed the highest debut album of the week this week on Australia’s ARIA chart.

Led-Zeppelin-Celebration-Day.jpg

Led Zeppelin Celebration Day

Gavin Ryan reports that ‘Celebration Day’, recorded in 2007, debuted at no. 3 on the ARIA chart.

The concert was a tribute to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, who passed away after tripping and hitting his head at a Rolling Stones concert in 2006 at the Beacon Theatre in New York. He was 83.

‘Celebration Day’ is the 4th live Led Zeppelin album. The first, ‘The Song Remained The Same’ peaked at no. 8 in 1976, ‘Live At The BBC’ peaked at no. 60 in 1997, ‘How The West Was Won’ peaked at no. 10 in 2003.

Some reports appearing this Tuesday in Germany indicate that Celebration Day has climbed to the top of the music charts. The reports originate from Baden Baden where the Media Control corporation is headquartered.

See:

Some reports appearing this Tuesday in Germany indicate that Celebration Day has climbed to the top of the music charts. The reports originate from Baden Baden where the Media Control corporation is headquartered.

See:

I was gonna post exactly this fact!!! Led Zeppelin at #1 in the Album Charts, outselling Rolling Stones' "Grrr!" and pop artists such as Rihanna and the likes. I must admit that IU'm incredibly proud. Not that Zeppelin needs to prove anything to anyone, but c'mon, it's quite nice to see Zeppelin at the top of the charts.

Coming from a fan busrting with pride :bravo:

I was gonna post exactly this fact!!! Led Zeppelin at #1 in the Album Charts, outselling Rolling Stones' "Grrr!" and pop artists such as Rihanna and the likes. I must admit that IU'm incredibly proud. Not that Zeppelin needs to prove anything to anyone, but c'mon, it's quite nice to see Zeppelin at the top of the charts.

Coming from a fan busrting with pride :bravo:

+1 Agreed!

:)

LED ZEPPELIN's concert film, "Celebration Day", which is available on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc, sold 101,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 9 on The Billboard 200 chart. The package arrived in stores on November 19 via Swan Song/Atlantic Records.

I was hoping/thinking it would be #1, just like HTWWW and the DVD entered the respective album and music video Billboard charts at #1 in 2003.

But then, I was in a Target the other day and they didn't have any formats of "Celebration Day" in the store for sale...and acted like I had asked for the Hope Diamond when I asked if they had Celebration Day in stock.

Looking at other sales charts around the world, I'm surprised AC/DC is above Led Zeppelin. The Stones, too, for yet another greatest hits package.

The third British act in the Top 10 are Led Zeppelin whose Celebration Day is new at 9 with 101,000 sales. It is their 13th Top 10 hit and their third this century following another live album, How The West Was Won, topping the chart in 2003 and best of Mothership reaching 7 in 2007

.http://www.musicweek...es-by-44/052743

The following is HMV Canada's top 10 CDs based on national sales for the week ending Dec. 1.

CDs

1 Unapologetic _ Rihanna

2 Global Warming _ Pitbull

3 Take Me Home _ One Direction

4 Celebration Day _ Led Zeppelin

5 Red _ Taylor Swift

6 The World From the Side of the Moon _ Phillip Phillips

7 Merry Christmas, Baby _ Rod Stewart

8 Babel _ Mumford & Sons

9 Sans attendre _ Celine Dion

10 Girl on Fire _ Alicia Keys

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/music/unapologetic-by-rihanna-tops-hmv-canada-cd-sales-chart-181397811.html[/

very few stores are stocking this around here and none the deluxe version....most stores got Rihanna on the 19th and that the only new release since...downloading will have to be teh way to go on any remasters...

Sort of sucks that this is the way things are these days. Seems the chains only look to stock the "flavor of the month." Check back in 5 to 10 years and see where these artists? are now. Most will forget their names, meanwhile those like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles etc. will be known, have such an influence in music and continue to sell in masses for generations to come. Regardless, what format it may be. Vinyl is the way to go, although I like cds as well. At least it's physical!

• 3 months later...

i believe it sold 191,00 units in first week and 89,000 second. so it moved very little after that. Only very hard core fans purchased. very disappointing because there was a very strong marketing blitz as you recall. The truth is plant/zep fans don,t purchase many cd's anymore. i believe his Mighty Rearranger was a commercial flop also. I think that moved about 250,000 units to date.

Archived