We all know the boys "borrowed" from other artists...

corduroyg

They were definitely were influenced by the songs overall vibe or feel. But aside from the first verse, the lyrcis are not the same, and in terms of the music, Zep's is substantially different, and MUCH better. Is any song written in a genre style ever 100% original? i don't think so.

They were definitely were influenced by the songs overall vibe or feel. But aside from the first verse, the lyrcis are not the same, and in terms of the music, Zep's is substantially different, and MUCH better. Is any song written in a genre style ever 100% original? i don't think so.

if i was one of those artists like in the OP which they borrowed from i would feel pretty good about it. that they would be inspired by my music and that they created something so great from it.

SIBLY is one of my favorite LZ songs. i like the song in the OP also but yeah, they are different enough.

Some other examples of "borrowing":

Elvis sang about a Hound Dog, Zeppelin about a Black Dog! Both songs mention dogs!

Robert Johnson's I Believe I'll Dust My Broom was played on a guitar, Communication Breakdown was also played on a guitar!

The Rain Song talks about rain, God invented rain! Clearly stole the idea.

Archived