When The Levee Breaks Sampled/Used in other songs

Was sent this diagram circa 2009 regarding songs that have samples of Bonham's drum beat from When the Levee Breaks

I found it interesting and wanted to share in case someone had not seen it.

Credit: Ethan Hein

post-21997-0-36961400-1360300572_thumb.j

As I understand it, Ethan being a dyed in the wool music guy at NYU is an advocate for music originality and ownership of creative performance.

"So Bonzo's kit was setup right here... and that sound you see... so I said let's have another try at Levee"

post-21997-0-80599100-1360301394_thumb.j

Random Pic:

Page on a Harley- just another average Joe out for a ride to the pub with friends and a charity raffle

post-21997-0-04459500-1360301623_thumb.j

Interesting list. On some of those it's very hard to tell if it really is a sample because the beat doesn't go through the full sequence that Bonham played. But the texture of the sound certainly brings WTLB to mind. If they're not samples, they were cetainly deliberate in going for the same sound.

I'm sure that there was a Sinead O'Connor one as well, But of the top of my head I can't remember the title.

EDIT - never mind, I found it & it wasn't WTLB it was Funky Drummer (the other late 80s samplers' favourite) :)

Interesting list. On some of those it's very hard to tell if it really is a sample because the beat doesn't go through the full sequence that Bonham played. But the texture of the sound certainly brings WTLB to mind. If they're not samples, they were cetainly deliberate in going for the same sound.

I'm sure that there was a Sinead O'Connor one as well, But of the top of my head I can't remember the title.

EDIT - never mind, I found it & it wasn't WTLB it was Funky Drummer (the other late 80s samplers' favourite) :)

It wouldn't be "Nothing Compares 2 U"?

Archived