Chas West, Singer for Jason Bonham

DanelectroGod

So, just watching some videos on YouTube and ran across this. I actually spent a few times with Jason's band and met Chas. Seemed very nice, but doesn't this seem to be cashing in on Zep association? I never thought he had any of Plant's vocal approach...........

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lcOOfKgw63A

When I saw Jason Bonham's LZE last year, I thought the singer was the weakest part of the show.

In fact, that's usually what has prevented me from checking out other LZ tribute bands...the singer is sadly lacking compared to Robert Plant.

I see what your saying Steve. He was always nice the two times I spent aboard the tour RV after the gigs here. Also Steve, one time I was talking to them, I think perhaps playing cards, and I asked about how they came together. And am I correct recalling that his keyboardist, John Smithson, was married to Peter Grants granddaughter? The second time I hung out with them, I got a promo cd of the Zepset disc, in a simple cardboard sleeve with a sticker. I still have it, along with a pair of Jason's Zildjian drum sticks

Archived