Album artwork

redirtuo

When I was a teen, I use to love holding those albums and studying them. The album artwork matched the music perfectly to me.

First there was heavy and light, your "basic" black and white. Then that second album with the name in the clouds always just seemed perfectly matched with What Is And What Should Never Be along with that big gold zeppelin inside. Third album cover reminded me of chitty chitty bang bang on acid and when I first started listening to the music it seem to hold some strange 1930's era feel to it.

All that stuff on IV just seemed dark, stormy and misty :-)

Houses was all bright and shiny. Sounded orange and yellow. Still does to me. The Ocean just sounds like summer to me.

PG kinda threw me off, but they cover a lot of ground in that one. A lot of different windows.

Presence is my favorite album both artwork and maybe musically too. Music felt black and blue in color. Very dense and heavy. Even a little scary in a way. There is definite presence in there and you can't really touch it either.

ITTOD and the brown paper bag covering different camera angles of the same scene. My friends and I compared our copies. Clean ashtray at the beginning of the evening. I remember the sleeve had some watercolor trick which was pretty cool.

I read where Page would personally inscribe sayings on the inner circle of some of the records before going into the sleeves at the factory. He knew they were magic :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Led Zeppelin III vinyl with the inner ring inscribed on SIde 1 with: "Do What Thou Wilt" and Side 2 has the inscription: "So Mote Be It" or "So Mote It Be" (haven't looked at it in a while!) but anyway VERY cool! Loved the mystery of that!

My favorite cover would be Presence with the "Object" appearing in very ordinary circumstances. Also the back of Coda with the ringed circles

and straight line running from their center. Once I learned their secret I was truly, truly blown away! That's when I knew Jimmy meant businesss!

Led Zep IV and the Hermit artwork began my Journey into Tarot studies which continue to this very day...

" Also the back of Coda with the ringed circles

and straight line running from their center. Once I learned their secret I was truly, truly blown away! That's when I knew Jimmy meant businesss!"

I'm not familiar with this secret (?)

Scarlet, the "secret" is there if you look deep enough. And I wouldn't ruin the fun of some cool research if you

have the interest. But - it's there and IMO it's the coolest "secret" of all the Zep mysteries! Well worth the time

and study!

• 6 months later...

Scarlet, the "secret" is there if you look deep enough. And I wouldn't ruin the fun of some cool research if you

have the interest. But - it's there and IMO it's the coolest "secret" of all the Zep mysteries! Well worth the time

and study!

Is there any chance that you would spill the beans for us? I can't make the connection, but I'm sure the picture has some relevance, if I know Page.

Archived