Glastonbury 2013

2bitnogoodjive

SOLD OUT (sure did...as a festival too) months ago , Can't get over the fence like the good old days its like military enclosure with the set of two barbed wire fences , century posts and CCTV cameras

remember Glastonbury regular the late great Joe Strummer R.I.P moaning live on stage about it

No Led Zeppelin to headline rumours ,like previous years since 2008......... Plant's done it solo , with page in 95 , with priory in 2000 saw the last two

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glastonbury: BBC 'to show an hour of Rolling Stones set'

_68291439_68291352.jpgThe Rolling Stones will headline on the Saturday night
The BBC will broadcast an hour of The Rolling Stones' headline set at Glastonbury, according to festival organiser Michael Eavis.

The band had reportedly insisted that only four songs from their 90-minute set could be shown on TV.

But Eavis told reporters a compromise had been reached. "I think they're all friends now," he told reporters.

The BBC could not confirm the reports, but said there were "constructive ongoing conversations" with the band.

Eavis, who established the Glastonbury Festival on his farm in Pilton 43 years ago, said he had also endured protracted negotiations with Mick Jagger and co.

"It's taken a long time to get them to come and play," he said. "Everyone wants to see the Stones, basically "

"I think Mick Jagger wanted to play to the people here, rather than a TV show," he added. "They're going to be playing for about an hour for the TV."

According to the Press Association, only those at the festival will see the band's final half hour, with fireworks set to light up the sky over the Worthy Farm site.

Eavis also said he was concerned the veteran rockers might prove too popular for the venue.

"There might be a problem with the size of the crowd so it's slightly worrying for me, in a way," he said.

But he added the Pyramid area had been extended to allow for the thousands of fans expected for the band's set in a bid to avoid any problems with overcrowding.

Last month, the BBC said there would be 250 hours of live broadcasting from Glastonbury's six main stages.

The festival opens its gates next Tuesday, with the main bands playing from Friday. The other headline acts are Mumford and Sons and the Arctic Monkeys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22995473

Excellent lineup, very cool to see Robyn Hitchcock and The Venus 3.

Better seeing them in a small intimate room like the El Rey than a huge clusterfuck like Glastonbury with sounds from other acts interfering.

Better seeing them in a small intimate room like the El Rey than a huge clusterfuck like Glastonbury with sounds from other acts interfering.

I wasn't aware of that fact, it could be a real issue. Mr. Hitchcock was recently with the Venus 3 at a Santa Monica place called Troubadour, which may or may not resemble El Rey.

Archived