The Ultimate 3-Day Music Festival

Nathan

I won't be doing this in any order, accept for the three headliners. I'm just listing my votes. However, I'm also opening this up for speculation. I want people to make changes. If you are going to do so, however, copy my list and make your changes that way. I'd love to see what different people have in mind.

-Dave Grohl

-Krist Novoselic

-A Vocalist/Guitarist*

-Lynyrd Skynyrd

-The Black Crowes

-(original) Guns N' Roses

-Aerosmith

-The Black Crowes

-Jeff Beck

-Eric Clapton

-Jimmy Page solo

-Robert Plant and the Strange Sensations

-John Paul Jones solo

-Jason Bonham w/ whatever band he brings with him

-BB King

-The Allman Brothers Band

-Charlie Daniels

-Blues Tribute to Robert Johnson

-Rush

-Neil Peart

-Days of the New

-The Yardbirds w/ the full line-up including Chris Dreja and all four lead guitarists (Anthony Top Topham, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page)

-The Doors (Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger, and John Densmore) w/ Travis Meeks

-Robert Randolph (and the Family Band)

-Dan Tyminski

-David "Honeyboy" Edwards

-Ozzy Osbourne

-Zakk Wylde

(please note... some of these solo artists would be playing with each other, and there are a lot more than could feasibly play in three days as solo acts, but the reason is so acts could get together to take part in the following tributes:)

Musical Tributes:

-Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osboure w/ Zakk Wylde... Zakk Wylde plays Dee)

-Robert Johnson (Eric Clapton, Honeyboy, Robert Randolph, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck)

-Syd Barrett (not necessarily done by Pink Floyd)

-Jim Morrison (The Doors w/ Travis Meeks, of course)

-Kurt Cobain (Dave Grohl, Krist Noveselic, and *a singer/guitarist I haven't decided on yet)

-John Bonham (not necessarily done by Led Zeppelin)

Headliners:

-Thursday= Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

-Friday= Pink Floyd (David Gilmour, Richard Wright, Nick Mason, AND Roger Waters)

-Saturday= Led Zeppelin w/ guest appearance by Allison Krauss (Battle of Evermore)

(yes, I know... Symphonic, Progressive, then Blues... doesn't make sense... it isn't supposed to... these are my three favorite bands... so they'd headline at my festival :D)

I would like to go ahead and head off one question.

Why would I have a tribute to Kurt Cobain?

Well, for me, it's quite simple. I'm sure most of you will scoff at this, but I actually like Nirvana. For starters, Nirvana was the first real music (and when I say real music, I mean in comparison to kid stuff like Raffi and shit like NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, and The Spice Girls) that I really got into. Plus, along with Led Zeppelin, ELP, and Guns N' Roses, Nirvana got me through a seriously tough and black time in my life. I will always love Nirvana regardless of what anyone says. I know I'm in a minority, especially here. But Nirvana was an incredible band, IMO, and I know for a fact Kurt had way more guitar talent then he ever actually used. You just need to hear the pre-Bleach and Bleach era to hear. As soon as he got into Nevermind and beyond, he stopped doing what he really could do. There was more to Kurt guitar-wise then met the eye, if you ever cared to find it. But this is not a Nirvana debate thread, so I'd appreciate it if we left that out. Here is my answer... let's leave it here. Thank you.

Yet another goddamn Dave Grohl thread. Out of here.

What the fuck?

How is this a Dave Grohl thread? Is Dave Grohl in the title? Did I ask a question about Dave Grohl? Did I mention anything about Dave Grohl playing with Zep? Did I say anything about wnating to start a discussion about Dave Grohle?

Sure, he's mentioned, but you can't tribute Kurt Cobain without Dave Grohl.

I cannot believe that putting his name in a thread actually pisses somebody off. I feel very sorry for you.

This is NOT a Dave Grohl thread. It has nothing to do with Dave Grohl.

Try reading instead of just seeing the name "Dave Grohl" and pissing on the thread. You'll be happy to note it has NOTHING TO DO WITH DAVE GROHL.

And now that you've made another unneeded, unwanted, and rather pointless post...

What would your ultimate 3-day festival be?

Ryan... no you are not. It would be absolutely stunning, IMO.

How is this a Dave Grohl thread? Is Dave Grohl in the title? Did I ask a question about Dave Grohl? Sure, he's mentioned, but you can't ribute Kurt Cobain without Dave Grohl.

I cannot believe that putting his name in a thread actually pisses somebody off. I feel very sorry for you.

This is NOT a Dave Grohl thread. It has nothing to do with Dave Grohl.

Try reading instead of just seeing the name "Dave Grohl" and pissing on the thread.

You'll be happy to note it has NOTHING TO DO WITH DAVE GROHL.

And now that you've officially pissed me off... again...

What would your ultimate 3-day festival be?

I commend you on your effort Nathan, but quite frankly I don't have an ultimate three day festival to suggest. So far as I'm concerned they were already performed well over 30 years ago. Most of the artists I'd even consider now are all dead.

The FIRST name on your list is Dave Grohl! Then you go so far as to suggest a "musical

tribute" to Kurt Cobain. This is your perogative. I personally have nothing against either, aside from the well-established fact I am fed up to the eyeballs seeing them resurface in Led Zeppelin forums time and time and time again. It's as if your unaware or uncaring that Dave Grohl became like a plaque upon Zep forums about four years ago and it's

starting to happen again.

I can all but guarantee this thread is going to turn into another goddamn Grohl debate. Don't blame me for that, as I didn't put his name at the top of a festival suggestion nor bring up Nirvana, whom I loathe.

Your a good man Nathan. No hard feelings from me, I just cannot stand it anymore.

I just want to say publicly that Nathan is one hell of a good guy. While I may not enjoy the music of some of the artists he's lined up for this event, and others I loathe, I do know he's put a lot of thought and effort into organizing it and you have to respect that.

I commend you on your effort Nathan, but quite frankly I don't have an ultimate three day festival to suggest. So far as I'm concerned they were already performed well over 30 years ago. Most of the artists I'd even consider now are all dead.

I see

The FIRST name on your list is Dave Grohl!

You're right. It's true. Just, when I was typing, it's the first name I thought, probably because Grohl has been mentioned all over the forums.

Then you go so far as to suggest a "musical

tribute" to Kurt Cobain.

Like I said: I know I'm in a minority here when it comes to Nirvana. But that's just how I feel. The music has a special place in my heart because it helped me through a rough time in my life (along with Zep, ELP, and GNR).

This is your perogative. I personally have nothing against either, aside from the well-established fact I am fed up to the eyeballs seeing them resurface in Led Zeppelin forums time and time and time again. It's as if your unaware or uncaring that Dave Grohl became like a plaque upon Zep forums about four years ago and it's

starting to happen again.

To be honest, it wasn't until Grohl made the comment about wanting to play with Zep that I started seeing all the Grohl threads. And I just ignored them, really, so it never honestly registered. So putting him first really was an accident.

I can all but guarantee this thread is going to turn into another goddamn Grohl debate. Don't blame me for that, as I didn't put his name at the top of a festival suggestion nor bring up Nirvana, whom I loathe.

I won't blame you for it. Your first post in this thread bothered me, but I appreciate your response here, and you are right. I guess I did open the thread for it. However, I also asked at the end of my opening post that this thread not turn into a Nirvana (or, I guess, Dave Grohl) debate thread. I answered the inevitable question, and I hope it will stay at that.

And I'll go ahead, for everyone's sakes, and emphasize that. Simply list your ideas for a three-day festival. Leave your thoughts on Nirvana and Dave Grohl out of it.

Your a good man Nathan. No hard feelings from me, I just cannot stand it anymore.

You're generally a good man, too, Steve. And I understand. :)

ETA:

Steve, you really are a great guy. :)

Alright, it's a three day festival, like Nathan said. I've thought of a few living artists I'd like to include but only if he can fit them in on the original bill he's suggested. Here they are:

Chuck Berry & Keith Richards trading licks on 'Johnny B. Goode'.

Bob Seger performing 'Against The Wind' & 'Main Street'.

The Guess Who performing 'No Time'.

Alright, it's a three day festival, like Nathan said. I've thought of a few living artists I'd like to include but only if he can fit them in on the original bill he's suggested. Here they are:

Chuck Berry & Keith Richards trading licks on 'Johnny B. Goode'.

Bob Seger performing 'Against The Wind' & 'Main Street'.

The Guess Who performing 'No Time'.

Oh wow! I never thought of them! Awesome!

I also realized that I had six more I neglected to add:

Billy Joel

Elton John

Yes (full, original line-up)

Heart

Jake Holmes

Queensryche

And I think giving Allison Krauss her own set would be nice, too, instead of just as a guest with Zep.

I think I'm gonna work to actually put this line-up together and try and see if I can't create my hypothetical festival, in order, with everything but the songs. I may need outside help, though, because putting this in a believable order is crucial. It's not like it's a one-genre festival. I mean, we touch on a few genres:

Blues

Metal

Grunge

Acoustic

Country

Folk

Hard Rock

So lining this up to flow correctly will not be easy. I can go ahead and do this, however:

-Lynyrd Skynyrd

-The Black Crowes

-(original) Guns N' Roses

-Aerosmith

-*Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Robert Randolph, David "Honeyboy" Edwards, BB King (Robert Johnson Tribute)

-Robert Plant and the Strange Sensations

-Jake Holmes

-*Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, A Vocalist/Guitarist (Kurt Cobain Tribute)

-John Paul Jones solo

-Jason Bonham w/ whatever band he brings with him

-The Allman Brothers Band

-Charlie Daniels

-Allison Krauss (Plant should join her for a few numbers from Raising Sand)

-Rush (full, original line-up)

-Queensryche

-Days of the New

-Heart

-The Yardbirds w/ the full line-up including Chris Dreja and all four lead guitarists (Anthony Top Topham, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page)

-*The Doors (Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger, and John Densmore) w/ Travis Meeks (Jim Morrison Tribute)

-Dan Tyminski

-*Ozzy Osbourne w/ Zakk Wylde (Randy Rhoads Tribute)

-Elton John and Billy Joel

-Yes

-Chuck Berry & Keith Richards

-Bob Seger

-Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

-*Pink Floyd (and I've changed my mind... they can do the Syd Barrett tribute)

-*Led Zeppelin (and I've changed my mind... they can do the John Bonham tribute)

Now I just have to figure out (besides the headliners), what order this should go in. What bands should open for each headliner and what order they should be in, and when the tributes should fall...

Well, this will, without a doubt, be interesting...

Oh, Steve. Just thought I should say... be glad I didn't include Avenged Sevenfold on the list. Almost did at one point, but thought "that'd be pushing it." I do kinda like them (more because my younger bro loves them and hearing them all the time doesn't actually annoy me like I thought it would), but not enough to make them part of the festival (or really, to even list them in my top 50...). :D

+ Neil Young

+ Stones

+ Queen

+ Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young

I guess I don't get it...why not just name every hit rock act in the past 100 years?

Deadlist:

+ Janis Joplin

3 Days, not 1000 days.

Didn't think of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, but I'd like to hear that, so I'm gonna steal them for my list if you don't mind :D. Not a Stones fan, and Queen ain't Queen without Freddie. Paul just can't do it. Maybe if they get someone like Geoff Tate as the lead singer... maybe.

Just realized... I need to have a Jimi Hendrix tribute, too. But aside from Prince (who I'm not a fan of), I wouldn't know who to have to tribute Jimi. Any thoughts?

Oh, Steve. Just thought I should say... be glad I didn't include Avenged Sevenfold on the list.

No worries. I think it's important to try and have the board's membership represented in this event. So, if you don't mind I'd like to invite two board members, Mrs. Plant and Mistress Tyreah, to come onstage to bump, grind and work two stripper's poles as

Bob Seger performs 'Main Street'. Booh-yah! Who's your boy? Who's your boy?!

No worries. I think it's important to try and have the board's membership represented in this event. So, if you don't mind I'd like to invite two board members, Mrs. Plant and Mistress Tyreah, to come onstage to bump, grind and work two stripper's poles as

Bob Seger performs 'Main Street'. Booh-yah! Who's your boy? Who's your boy?!

:blink::o:hysterical:

Nice, man. Really nice. :D

Archived