they should not even be allowed to post,they both tweeted me back,the one that asked about Bonzo said she really wanted to know how he felt,duh!? and the one that said f*ck with a snake on head asked me why cant I take a joke..the thing is Robert is cool and maybe it would be funny but he is also a smart professional so it is degrading to have people post this on your twitter site

Like I said earlier, that's kind of the point of hiring the PR team to handle things. He doesn't have to read any of the comments or worry about anything anyone says on there because he's paying people to take care of that for him. And I don't see his team going to him with these pointless tweets so, although I know he's intelligent and is probably aware that not every post is going to be filled with roses, he's not having to deal with any of it. I just think it's insane that when it's been said he's going to choose 10 to answer, anyone would assume that his time would be wasted considering their question about "snakes." Of course, I've also been baffled by the number of people that continue to ask him questions like he's still hanging at his computer

they should not even be allowed to post,they both tweeted me back,the one that asked about Bonzo said she really wanted to know how he felt,duh!? and the one that said f*ck with a snake on head asked me why cant I take a joke..the thing is Robert is cool and maybe it would be funny but he is also a smart professional so it is degrading to have people post this on your twitter site

I think the funny ,sex ones and stuff he would laugh at,but when people ask him what the worst day of his life was,that is down right cruel and I am sure he knows how morbid people are and doesnt want to read things like that himself

Chris, you are my hero!! Most famous people who go on twitter and have Q&As do it once, and then again when they have something to promote.
Robert may do another Q&A when his new album comes out, or during his next tour, etc. Most of the people who tweet cruel and moronic stuff are blocked from his sight. That is the way the PR people keep a handle on the site. I went through this with a friend of mine and the handlers sweep the site to keep it as clean as possible. Once in a while you will see a Tweet from Robert (really isn't Robert)in order to keep interest up. Otherwise, people will lose interest. They will go through his "followers" and delete any morons they can match up to the disgusting tweets. It's all a PR process and very good way to keep fans on board. Especially the young ones, like us. ;)

Great post ProPlant.

Chris, you are my hero!! Most famous people who go on twitter and have Q&As do it once, and then again when they have something to promote.

Robert may do another Q&A when his new album comes out, or during his next tour, etc. Most of the people who tweet cruel and moronic stuff are blocked from his sight. That is the way the PR people keep a handle on the site. I went through this with a friend of mine and the handlers sweep the site to keep it as clean as possible. Once in a while you will see a Tweet from Robert (really isn't Robert)in order to keep interest up. Otherwise, people will lose interest. They will go through his "followers" and delete any morons they can match up to the disgusting tweets. It's all a PR process and very good way to keep fans on board. Especially the young ones, like us. ;)

Great post ProPlant.

What did I do?!!

Agreed but I think the PR team has been a little too far in "sanitizing" this whole exercise. Hence the boring impression it left. Granted, cruel questions should be ditched, but in addition to 8 or 9 "serious" questions personnally I would have loved to see Robert also answering 1 or 2 crazy teenage girls begging him to be their backdoor man or similar stuff, just for the fun of it. Come on, he's Robert Plant, not Justin Bieber; he certainly heard much more non-sense backstage and in hotel lobbies during his storied career and he certainly knows how to handle it. Anyway, it's over so my comment is obviously pointless.

Agreed but I think the PR team has been a little too far in "sanitizing" this whole exercise. Hence the boring impression it left. Granted, cruel questions should be ditched, but in addition to 8 or 9 "serious" questions personnally I would have loved to see Robert also answering 1 or 2 crazy teenage girls begging him to be their backdoor man or similar stuff, just for the fun of it. Come on, he's Robert Plant, not Justin Bieber; he certainly heard much more non-sense backstage and in hotel lobbies during his storied career and he certainly knows how to handle it. Anyway, it's over so my comment is obviously pointless.

You are so right,the cruel things,they dont belong there but some good old FUN questions would have been great,isnt it Robert that says Have some funnn!!!

Archived