Who's going to reform next ?l

weslgarlic

Unless Sid Vicious is suddenly resurrected, how can the Sex Pistols actually re-form? Even if he did suddenly resurrect, I am sure he would stick another needle filled with Heroin in his arm and then die again. From what I know and have read, Sid Vicious was more famous for shooting Smack then he was for playing the bass guitar.

Edited to add: If a Major figure (like John Bonham) has passed away, then there can be no real Reformation or Reunion (regardless of it being the MIghty Led Zeppelin). I think that is just common sense.

As for the others you mention, and this is just my opinion, I could not even care if Wham or Sham 69 or the Boomtown Rats ever reformed because I do not even know or care about any of the music they ever made or played.

Do you really care if Hootie and the Blowfish reform? Some may, but I think that this is a topic that really has no hopes.

Sure, I have started some inane topics of my own, but some of the reformations of the bands you list is simply preposterous on a Forum that is (primarily devoted to Led Zeppelin). Again, just my opinion and how I feel/think.

Glen Matlock is the original bassist for the Sex Pistols. They've reformed several times.

Julian Cope's The Teardrop Explodes was a late-70s post-punk band from Liverpool that Robert Plant took a liking to for a time. Kind of psychedelic in a way, but without the long drum solos.

Can were a German avant-garde, experimental rock band of the early 70s...an early taste of Krautrock, so to speak.

Sham 69 are not worth remembering.

Sham 69 actually reformed their original line-up ,but they fell out with lead singer Jimmy Pursey and toured without him , don't know if they ever made up

sham 69 are well worth remembering ,if only for their first four albums

Unless Sid Vicious is suddenly resurrected, how can the Sex Pistols actually re-form? Even if he did suddenly resurrect, I am sure he would stick another needle filled with Heroin in his arm and then die again. From what I know and have read, Sid Vicious was more famous for shooting Smack then he was for playing the bass guitar.

Edited to add: If a Major figure (like John Bonham) has passed away, then there can be no real Reformation or Reunion (regardless of it being the MIghty Led Zeppelin). I think that is just common sense.

As for the others you mention, and this is just my opinion, I could not even care if Wham or Sham 69 or the Boomtown Rats ever reformed because I do not even know or care about any of the music they ever made or played.

Do you really care if Hootie and the Blowfish reform? Some may, but I think that this is a topic that really has no hopes.

Sure, I have started some inane topics of my own, but some of the reformations of the bands you list is simply preposterous on a Forum that is (primarily devoted to Led Zeppelin). Again, just my opinion and how I feel/think.

There are a lot of bands listed here that I don't care about either ...

But the topic is in the "other bands / music" forum...so I really don't see a problem.

There are a lot of bands listed here that I don't care about either ...

But the topic is in the "other bands / music" forum...so I really don't see a problem.

That's because you're not close minded and can see past living in the perceived stereotype world that some others can't, Chase.

:peace:

If Wham reformed, I would not even go to any of their shows even if someone paid me $1,000 and offered me a backstage pass to meet them.

The same thing goes for me with the WHO. I Love the Music of the WHO, but ever since Keith Moon and John Entwhistle are no longer alive to carry on the original music that the WHO made/created and played, I think and feel that it is NO longer the WHO.

In My Opinion, once a "Major" member of a very famous band passes away, (like Led Zeppelin or the Who) then there can be No Quarter when it comes to making or replacing a member of such a "Major" band, the like of Led Zeppelin or anyone that thinks that there are anyone who could compare to the Music and or History of Led Zeppelin.

If Wham reformed, I would not even go to any of their shows even if someone paid me $1,000 and offered me a backstage pass to meet them.

The same thing goes for me with the WHO. I Love the Music of the WHO, but ever since Keith Moon and John Entwhistle are no longer alive to carry on the original music that the WHO made/created and played, I think and feel that it is NO longer the WHO.

In My Opinion, once a "Major" member of a very famous band passes away, (like Led Zeppelin or the Who) then there can be No Quarter when it comes to making or replacing a member of such a "Major" band, the like of Led Zeppelin or anyone that thinks that there are anyone who could compare to the Music and or History of Led Zeppelin.

AC/DC carried on after Bon Scott , with Brian Johnson they play much much bigger venues

Mick Jones , Paul Simonon and Headon Topper or Terry Chimes with a replacement for Joe Strummer as The Clash or under another name

The Clash's Jones, Simonon and Headon to unite for exclusive 6 Music interview

The three surviving members of The Clash's classic lineup are to come together for an exclusive BBC Radio 6 Music show next month (September).

Mick Jones, Paul Simonon and Topper Headon will be interviewed by Cerys Matthews in front of an intimate audience of fans at the BBC's Maida Vale Studios in west London. During the course of the show, the trio will also take questions from the audience.

The show will be pre-recorded on September 6 before being broadcast on BBC Radio 6 Music shortly after on a date to be confirmed. Fans have until midday next Sunday (August 25) to apply for tickets and more information is available at the station's website.

Matthews announced the exclusive interview on her BBC Radio 6 Music show this morning (August 18). "I am thrilled to be talking with Mick, Paul and Topper at length on 6 Music and will be asking them about their early years, their inspirations and where life has taken them since," she said in an accompanying press statement.

"Their music gave a generation a voice not just in music but in the choice of how they lived their everyday lives and it still sounds as great, as fresh and loaded with good intent as music can ever be."

http://www.uncut.co.uk/the-clashs-jones-simonon-and-headon-to-unite-for-exclusive-6-music-interview-news#VvP5UX0THceMTViR.99

Archived